C-Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasw:
Depends on which agency. If you just did the PADI AOW with 5 dives then you will get a single card for AOW with no specialities since you have not made the required 2 dives for each specialty.

If you took an SSI Advanced Open Water...

Unless the student wants to pay for the 4 individual cards they are just listed on the AOW card.

Multiple creds on one card, sweet. I think having a pocket-full of cards makes the whole PADI card system seem kinda silly. Why not list specialties on one card, or provide stickers for added credentials?

Scubasw:
If you took an SSI Advanced Open Water then you actually took 4 complete specialty courses which together with 24 total dives gets you your AOW card. You can take any 4 specialties you want in SSI, but 3 must be diving specialties. I usually teach Deep, Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility and Equipment. The sudent must make 6 scuba dives with me. (Equipment has no dive requirement) They will usually receive just one C-Card but it will list all 4 specialites on it they have completed. SSI lets the student be flexible with the 4 specialties. If the student wants he, and the instructor can do Deep, Wreck, Navigation and Nitrox for the 4 or many other combinations. Unless the student wants to pay for the 4 individual cards they are just listed on the AOW card.

Ah yes, I forgot that SSI does that--lists the specialties out on one card. That's kind of nice. I went through the PADI (yes, put another dollar in) program, and I now have this brilliant wallet chock full of C-cards. I had to buy another wallet just to put c-cards in. Ha!

Scubasw:
If you took an SSI Advanced Open Water then you actually took 4 complete specialty courses which together with 24 total dives gets you your AOW card. You can take any 4 specialties you want in SSI, but 3 must be diving specialties. I usually teach Deep, Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility and Equipment. The sudent must make 6 scuba dives with me. (Equipment has no dive requirement) They will usually receive just one C-Card but it will list all 4 specialites on it they have completed. SSI lets the student be flexible with the 4 specialties. If the student wants he, and the instructor can do Deep, Wreck, Navigation and Nitrox for the 4 or many other combinations. Unless the student wants to pay for the 4 individual cards they are just listed on the AOW card.

Ah yes, I forgot that SSI does that--lists the specialties out on one card. That's kind of nice. I went through the PADI (yes, put another dollar in) program, and I now have this brilliant wallet chock full of C-cards. I had to buy another wallet just to put c-cards in. Ha!

Yes I like my one card from SSI, well actually two since I have nitrox as well.

Just to add to the mix. When I did my SSI AOW, I had already completed Stress and Rescue and >50 dives, so I received a ssi master diver card that listed all the specialties plus s&r. kind of wished I also had just the AOW card, but they said I would have to pay extra for it, so I skipped it :)

I dont know where all my PADI cards are. The only ones I carry with me is my DM, my DSAT Tec Rec and my Cave. That will get me anywhere I want to go right now. When I finish trimix in a few weeks, that will replace my Tec Rec.

Back
Top Bottom