C4 Led Vs C8 Led

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

What is the main diffrence between C4 and C8 LED lights? I know C4 takes 4 batteries and C8, eight. I looked up online and they use the same LED module, so is only diffrence burning time? i would prefer a smaller light if it provides the same power?

Thanx

I have the c8 eLed and I think it is the same as the c4, but with a longer burntime. I would get the c8 just because you won't have to worry about changing batteries as much.

Batteries are expensive, invest in a good set of rechargable batteries.

I have the Light Canon 100 w/ Rechargable batteries. (Scubatoys.com)

The 8 cell eLED version is brighter and runs fully regulated. The 4 cell version runs direct drive, so it is not as bright, and dims as the battery voltage fades (on high). Both produce a very nice, white light with a pretty tight focus and excellent water penetration.

The C4 eLED is obviously smaller, lighter and easier to carry. The trade off is brighness vs. size. I was one of the first (if not THE first) to mod a C4 eLED to run from 8 cells, and it is a very nice package. UK should really make an 8 or 9 cell AA pack for the C4 eLED. I am currently using 8 sub-C cells that fit very nicely, but run time is shorter than with AA cells. The sub-C cells are 1300mA vs 2500 for AA. I still get over an hour which is more than I usually need, and I don't need the kludge AA holder I hacked together for testing. I have designed a much better AA adapter, and someday I hope to find the time and energy to build it. But for now, the sub-C cells are serving my needs.

If the eLED is going to be your primary light, get the C8 version. I use a Light Cannon as my primary, and the C4 eLED makes a nice back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom