C5050 exposure advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparky30

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some advice.. I've had my 5050 in its PT-015 housing in the pool for a number of weeks now.. Its really fun to play with, but I'm having a few problems and need some advice.
At the moment I don't have enough cash to get a strobe so I'm limited to the built in flash.. When I use it I get the backscatter problem (I expected that..) for wide angle shots I tried turning the flash off... If I leave the camera in 'P' mode, the exposure time is too long to get a steady shot.. especially with mooving subject.. If I change to exposure preference mode and set the exposure time to 1/100 I noticed that the lens is wide open at 1.8f... However my pictures still look very dark..
If I use the built in video mode the movies turn out great.. how come? Same pool same depth.. no strobe.. one set is dark, but the movies look great...I tried changing the ISO setting to 400 but that didn't seem to make much of a difference..

Sparky....just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you here. I saw your post on DD and figured Jeff and Tio could answer you lots clearer than I could!

Hey....could ya post your orange Anglerfish photos here? They are something else!

Dee once bubbled...
Sparky....just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you here. I saw your post on DD and figured Jeff and Tio could answer you lots clearer than I could!

Hey....could ya post your orange Anglerfish photos here? They are something else!

LOL.. Thanks.. I saw all your posts on DD.. I figured I'd catch your attention somewhere...I got all kinds of helpfulk info.. Lets just hope I can remember it all while diving and bubbling "wow" :)

As for the Anglerfish.. thoses weren't mine.. you got me confused with someone else.. But if I see any on my trip I'll be sure to post them here...

You're right...they were Juv's pics. Lucky devil!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom