c5050 How large memory cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bzbcal

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a Tetra Housing and C5050. I have been trying to find out what is largest CF card that will work in C5050. Will a 1gb CF card work? Thanks

Paul

Yeah, if I remember correctly the biggest you can go is a 2.2 gig

I'm using a 1gb and it works just fine.

The c5050 uses FAT16 and the largest CF card should be 2GB. I think (with emphasis on think) that you can use cards with more memory, but the camera will only be able to access 2.2 GB.

I have both 512 and 1 GB cards. My recommendation would be to buy two 1GB cards instead of one 2 GB.

try to avoid micro drives, they are cheaper but fragile, drop one and its toast! second the eat power and generate lots of heat.

Most current electronics only use fat 16. This will only support up to 2 gb. Fat 32 will support more but not to many devices use it yet. the 5050 uses fat 16, hence 2gb max. but you can use a 2gb cf card and also stick in a 512xd i think thats the largest current xd card size.
fyi... just a side note, alot of people use their computer to format their cf card and then for some reason it stops working. that is because windows defaults to fat 32 which makes it incompatible with the electronic device. all you have to do is make sure that you select fat 16(which will show as just fat) and reformat and presto... good to go... of course never do this with your xd card or you will lose your panorama features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom