C5050 Movie editing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been having fun playing with taking u/w movies with my C5050Z. I know that I should be able to figure out how to add music to them, instead of listening to my own exhalations, BUT... I haven't been able to :ermm:

I have "Movie Maker" in Windows XP, but it won't allow me to import the file with the ".mov" extension.

I upgraded the Camedia software to Pro 4.1, but that also doesn't seem to have a way to replace the sound with a soundtrack...

I am interested in any helpful suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. I am sure some of you out there are successfully doing this :biggrin:

Thanks!

sapphire:
I have been having fun playing with taking u/w movies with my C5050Z. I know that I should be able to figure out how to add music to them, instead of listening to my own exhalations, BUT... I haven't been able to :ermm:

I have "Movie Maker" in Windows XP, but it won't allow me to import the file with the ".mov" extension.

I upgraded the Camedia software to Pro 4.1, but that also doesn't seem to have a way to replace the sound with a soundtrack...

I am interested in any helpful suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. I am sure some of you out there are successfully doing this :biggrin:

Thanks!

I checked the book, no mention to adding your own sound. if you go to the Olympus website the have an automated question answering thingie. if you can't find your answer there, you can enter what you want to know and they will get back to you.

Hope it helps!
Lisa

justleesa:
I checked the book, no mention to adding your own sound. if you go to the Olympus website the have an automated question answering thingie. if you can't find your answer there, you can enter what you want to know and they will get back to you.

Hope it helps!
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa, I will try that. BTW, I loved your turtle picture...

I asked this same question a few months ago, here and on DDN. I want to take all my mini-clips and edit them together with music into one 'movie'.

What I got from the discussions was that I'd need several programs, some worth $$$, to convert my Quicktime clips to whatever, a video editing program to edit them together. Then the techy's got into the whole compression thing and I just got lost. All I wanted was to put a bunch a clips together onto a CD, sort of a point and shoot version of video!

So ask away, I hope you get more useful answers than I got!

Dee:
I asked this same question a few months ago, here and on DDN. I want to take all my mini-clips and edit them together with music into one 'movie'.

What I got from the discussions was that I'd need several programs, some worth $$$, to convert my Quicktime clips to whatever, a video editing program to edit them together. Then the techy's got into the whole compression thing and I just got lost. All I wanted was to put a bunch a clips together onto a CD, sort of a point and shoot version of video!

So ask away, I hope you get more useful answers than I got!

Hi Dee!

Shoot, I was hoping not to hear something like this. Maybe you and I can go in on the programs, you can do part of the editing and I can do the other part! That's what I was hoping to do, too, add some clips together as well as adding sound... and I was hoping it would be a "not-so-techie" solution so that I could understand it!!

well i do know that if you have macromedia's flash program you can import c5050 movie clips and build a presentation, and on top of that yo u can build a sound track on another layer on it, but then like dee said that program to costs some money

another one would be see if there is a windows version of apples Imovie and that would be a way to edit them.

tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom