Cabilao Dive Trip Report- Sept 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report!
Looking forward to Cabilao next week myself; Also going with Polaris (diving & accom), so should be good.
Just got back from Malapascua (dived with Exotic, but stayed elsewhere for PHP450 per night in rather basic conditions), and it was very special in it's own way. Actually "struck out" with the threshers (0 for 3 times @ 5:30AM!), but others at Exotic went on different days and saw them--typical "luck" for me since I was doing HD video at the time!

But Gato is incredible for it's sheer variety of species, and Lighthouse an amazing dusk/night dive--as others have said. On the (possibly) negative side, the corals/fans were not particularly vibrant or healthy at any of the sites--- which is a concern. Gato has a lot of dead material in the area as well, perhaps due to the divers not handling their buoyancy or allowing the current to bash them into the walls??

Also did the wreck (Dona Marilyn) which is fabulous (ripping current, but FUN at 33m!), so overall a great 5 days of diving.

Hopefully Bohol will present a "new" series of adventures! Going to Panglao and then on to Cabilao and Dauin/Apo , possibly Coron thereafter......Can't wait to review all the HD video!

Cheers,
HB

Nice report!
Looking forward to Cabilao next week myself; Also going with Polaris (diving & accom), so should be good.
Just got back from Malapascua (dived with Exotic, but stayed elsewhere for PHP450 per night in rather basic conditions), and it was very special in it's own way. Actually "struck out" with the threshers (0 for 3 times @ 5:30AM!), but others at Exotic went on different days and saw them--typical "luck" for me since I was doing HD video at the time!

But Gato is incredible for it's sheer variety of species, and Lighthouse an amazing dusk/night dive--as others have said. On the (possibly) negative side, the corals/fans were not particularly vibrant or healthy at any of the sites--- which is a concern. Gato has a lot of dead material in the area as well, perhaps due to the divers not handling their buoyancy or allowing the current to bash them into the walls??

Also did the wreck (Dona Marilyn) which is fabulous (ripping current, but FUN at 33m!), so overall a great 5 days of diving.

Hopefully Bohol will present a "new" series of adventures! Going to Panglao and then on to Cabilao and Dauin/Apo , possibly Coron thereafter......Can't wait to review all the HD video!

Cheers,
HB

Damn, missed that wreck! Maybe next time. glad I'm not the only one to miss the sharks...

Z...

when he gets to posting them? :D here are some pics (most are before post-processing touches)

nudigrblor.jpg

clearshrimp1.jpg

freakycrab.jpg

where or when will we see the pictures?

and here is the tarsier, the smallest primate in the world (smaller than the average adult's palm). :). actually, while talking to the tarsier expert, he said there are actually pygmy tarsiers in the forests of Indonesia.

tarsier1.jpg

i never made those shots. zee did. and u are not allowed to use flash with these creatures. they are very shy and its not good for their health.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom