Cabo Dive Trip in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grognard

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife and I are going to Cabo in early November. We want to see some BIG sea life, sharks, mantas, jacks, etc. Can anyone recommend a good dive shop that is able to get us to the locations where we can see these things?

We are both very experienced divers and don't like cattle boats, just a professional operation that allows experienced divers the freedom to dive without being tied to the least experienced diver in the group.

I'd appreciate any recent information that anyone could provide. Thanks in advance.

See my report from late 09 here. It's dated but I believe still valid. The same shops still operate. Thing is, in Cabo, I wouldn't expect BIG life unless you go expedition farther north. I saw some great sights in Cabo Pulmo but the life around Land's End was not Galapagos style.

There are few cattle boats in Cabo so no worries there. There are, however, a lot of new divers so be prepared. In my experience, the operators will know you are OK and leave you alone pretty much.

Have fun in my favorite place to dive!

Thanks for your reply tajkd. After reading your report, I'm getting very interested in Cabo Pulmo. I might just do some recon this time for a later trip to Cabo Pulmo.

I saw that you read my trip report. But I would definitely recommend a day trip to Cabo Pulmo, everyone who I talked to there who did that trip had nothing but good things to say about it. I wish I did that instead of the Gordo Banks. One thing I forgot to put in my trip report was that one morning I did a dive in the corridor. It's north of the marine park, not too far. It wasn't anything special. I liked the marine park better, but it was a nice change of scenery. Just different topography and a chance that you will see some palagics. Also it gets you away from all the other divers, ussually you will have the site to yourself. It's a nice dive but it's nothing great, the vis tends to be a little worse in the corridor as well.

If you are staying in Cabo San Lucas and want to dive Cabo Pulmo contact the Cabo Pulmo Dive Center, they have a van that will pick you up (at most resorts in Cabo San Lucas) and take you back, they are great people to deal with.

Hola !

My name is Thierry and I run dive tours in Cabo Pulmo. I don't like cattle dive boat either, this is why I offer a more personalized service to the divers visiting Cabo Pulmo. No more than 4 divers and we don't mix divers with different levels of certification / experience.

This is my webpage : Cabo Pulmo diving - Dive trips in Baja California Sur

Contact me if you have more questions about Cabo Pulmo.

I recently took one member of Scubaboard ( ScubaERdoc) diving for a few days in Cabo Pulmo, this is his report
Cabo Pulmo trip report and video. 10/14/13-10/18/13.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom