Cabo Nov 5 thru 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My brother and I are coming down for a week of diving and I have read most of the posts and just want a little more info.

Best dive sites?

Best rental for a car?

Best place for a cold beer?

Best food?

Thanks for the info

I'll answer generically, hopefully others will also chime in.

Where in "Cabo" will you be staying? The region described as Cabo can be construed as anywhere from Cabo San Lucas to San Jose del Cabo, and accessibility to certain features will differ.

We've been twice, both times staying close to the marina (Cabo San Lucas proper). Unless you plan to travel widely throughout the region, a rental car is not necessary. We get a van from the airport to the hotel, and then the general marina are is walkable.

If you stay up along the Corridor, you may or may not need a car (not that familiar with cabs in this region, although they are very visible on the streets).

In terms of drinking and dining options, if you are close to the marina, you'll find just about everything you need.

In terms of diving, we've used Manta Scuba both trips, and each time have done a trip to Land's End and another up the Corridor; and then one specialty trip - first year to La Paz, second year to Cabo Pulmo. The specialty trips were also through Manta. Manta is at the marina, however there are other dive shops there, as well as on up the Corridor.

Back
Top Bottom