Cabo Pulmo in October. Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello divers,

My girlfriend and I (both AOW) will be traveling to the Cabo area for a quick 4 night trip mid october. We are considering staying the entire time in Cabo Pulmo as the low key atmosphere seems pretty appealing. We are trying to decide between staying at the Baja Bungalows or Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. It seems that Tripadvisor reports seem to favor Baja Bungalows (although I take those reviews with a grain of salt). Can anyone tell me about their experiences at either?

Also trying to decide on the dive operator. We were recommended the following:
www.marysierra.com
www.cabopulmodiving.com
http://www.cabopulmowatersports.com
dive@cabopulmo.com

Thanks!

I went to cabo pulmo a year ago and stayed and dive with Bungalows - Beach House | Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort

great stay and great diving.

Sorry I can't talk for the operators you posted.

---------- Post added September 6th, 2013 at 08:11 PM ----------

Here's avideo I took of the trip

[video=youtube;ulSgTkRTDf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulSgTkRTDf4&feature=share&list=UUaKNU9oVd_ _oWX6PDq9OyCQ[/video]

Hi,
We live part-time about 12 km south of cabo pulmo and before settling there we spent lots of time in cabo pulmo. I would recommend Baja Bungalows. Its friendly and laid back. You meet some others there for the same reason as you. Nice to have an evening beer and hang out. I have been diving with most of the companies, Currently we go with Pilu at cabopulmodiving.com. Theirry is on here frequently and full of good info (marsierra)I think if Pilu wasn't available, I would check out Theirry if possible. If you go with cabo pulmo watersports, really try to get out with "ricardo" for your dive master. The diving is all easy, close, Lots of fish. Don't forget to go to the grocery first. Get food, beer, whatever. Very limited supplies in cabo pulmo. No aircon. it will be hot. If you like just simple, rustic beauty. That is cabo pulmo and the surrounding area. We just booked a 2 night,3day dive-safari with funbaja out of la paz. Camping and diving on Espiritu Santo oct 15. We will be diving in cabo pulmo around oct 8 for a week or so first. If you have not rented your car yet, go with the recommendations on trip advisor. We have used cactus rental, Luis at Alamo and dominic. All the websites are on tripadvisor. Have fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom