Cabo Pulmo Sep. 4-11; join forces to negotiate rates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWayne

Reaction score
Austin, TX; got out of Dallas by wit, charm and be
colonelchuck:
Just dove with Pepe's (6 dives in three days). We paid $140 for two divers. I guess it depends on how long and how many to set the price.

That explains why there are not set prices on their website, then. Is anybody else going to dive with Pepe in the week of Sep. 4-11, so that we could possibly negotiate rates? How about joining forces for a night dive? Miguel of Pepe's said that "could be arranged." Presently I'm reserved to dive Sep. 6-7, with an overnight in their humblest cabana ($35/night) on Tuesday night. I'll be driving up from CSL very early that morning, in order to photograph the dawn. (The freedom of traveling solo with off-path planning is at the cost of group rates...)

--Wayne

Wayne. Recommend that you try an e-mail to Pepe'sfoundation@hotmail.com I don't know if there is a space in the address or not.

Miguel is not in Cabo Pulmo and while my reservation was on the board at Pepe's when I got there, it was pretty confused. Pepe's internet trailer is up most days and you can probably get the price you want by communicating directly.

Have fun. It is a great location and our DM Roberto was super.

Thanks for the details, Chuck! Gosh, this board certainly is worth the cost of membership :) Was there shore diving access in Cabo Pulmo, like for after the boat dives? Any snorkeling access? I'm considering the afternoon options after landing. Did y'all commute daily from CSL, or stay at Pepe's?

WaterWayne:
Thanks for the details, Chuck! Gosh, this board certainly is worth the cost of membership :) Was there shore diving access in Cabo Pulmo, like for after the boat dives? Any snorkeling access? I'm considering the afternoon options after landing. Did y'all commute daily from CSL, or stay at Pepe's?

I just got back from a week at cabo san lucas. I'm a scuba newbie...16 dives under my belt so far. I dove with 2 friends of mine who have been diving for 20 years. The diving at Cabo Pulma was really good. The visibility wasn't great...more than 50 ft but less than 100 ft...but tons of fish and a really nice reef. Kind of shallow, about 50 ft. But we only did 2 dives and there are many, many dive sites in Cabo Pulma. There are wrecks also which I didn't get to see. I'm sure there are many sites there that are deeper than 50ft. We have a time share in Cabo San Lucas at the Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach which is a 2 hour ride from Cabo Pulma. We used Underwater Diversions in CSL and they took us by van to Cabo Pulma. The cost was $130 for an all day trip...7am to about 5pm...2 dives. The boats are really small...you do a back roll into the water and to get back up into the boat they have to hoist you up. They use a truck to push the boats into the water. It was really fun! It would be great to camp overnight on the beach in Cabo Pulma. That way you can dive 2 days in a row there without having to travel the 2 hrs there and back. Have fun in Sept. I wish I could go back.

Back
Top Bottom