Cabo San Lucas, trip length recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I have been invited to a wedding May 2010 in Cabo San Lucas. We are tied up with wedding plans on Saturday night and Sunday, but I was trying to decipher how many extra days Ben and I should stay over to dive. I have just started my research.
Is May a good time to dive?
I read a post that all the local diving there could be done in three days, is that correct?

Ben has over 120 dives, I have over 60. We are PADI certified and are advanced open water divers.

Hi Divers.
Yes you can Dive the Local Dives in three Days.
This would include No. ,So., Middle Walls ,Neptunes finger,Lands End,Peligan rock.
I also dive three Days when Im not going to Cabo Pulmo or Gordo Banks but the season is getting close to an end for those two any way.
I read a post today about eagle Divers and i agree the Dive Masters Are not very people friendley.
I Dive with Baja Dive. The staff is always in a good mood and the dive Masters always have a big smile.
I also like the great service my gear is always washed and dryed for the nexts day trip.
The are located on the Marina Boardwalk in the Tesoro Resort.
try this link
Baja Dive

When we are looking to go in May, what other locations besides the local dive sites will be "in season" or do your recommend diving?

Thanks,
Susan

Cabo pulmo would be a nice place to visit if you are in the Cabo area, but that depends on your time cause it is a 2 hours drive from Cabo san lucas, also La Paz has great diving but again it's a 2 hours drive from the Cabo area if you have the time to move I would highly recommend you both sites, cabo pulmo it's a nice village (very basic) with a marine park full of sea life and nice coral reef and La Paz has also great dive spots including ship wrecks and a Sea lions colony that is a must if you visit La Paz.

Hope you have a great time in Baja !!!

I like the diving in Cabo, it isn't as awesome as Cozumel but it's still good. The visiblility is usually just ok, but sometimes it's excellent. You can dive all the sites in about three days of diving, but everytime you dive a site it is different. I could dive the sea lion rock area four or five times a trip and still love seeing them.
My favorite site is Cabo Pulmo because the fish are so big and there is a bit more coral, but it is an all day affair to get there and back.
I would probably stay for longer but that is just me, I just love to be in the water.

Hello. May is a little early to Dive Cabo Pulmo or Gordo Banks The wind wont Die down until July.
But there are great local spots with plenty to see.Sand falls at 90 feet,Neptunes Finger, North middle wall and South Walls, Lands End.
You can see Turtles,Sea Lions,Sea Horses,giant grooper,and over 600 species of Tropical Fish.
The Trips are only Half Day for a Two Tank Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom