Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teddyc911

Reaction score
My husband and I are going to Cabo at Christmas this year. I keep getting conflicting info on the water temps and what kind of wetsuit to wear. We frequently dive in Monterey and Carmel California which varies from 47 degrees to 63 degrees. Neither of us gets cold real easy. But all the information I have read says it is between 65 to 85 degrees down there. Has anyone been down there in December?

LOL--yes, it's probably safe to say scuba temps will be somewhere between 65-85 degrees in Dec. I'd look for temps within the mid to low 70s.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 16 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

As for Cabo, I wore a 3 mil last time I was there, but needed a 7 mil the time before that. If they take you into the Sea of Cortez (Los Islotes, sea lion colony is there) expect cooler temperatures as the currents bring them in.

Welcome to SB!

K

I was there in early February of this year. I dove in a 7mm farmer john with a hood and gloves. It was more than I needed. The other people on the dive (including the local dive master) dove with a 3mm jumpsuit and a 3mm shorty along with a hood. They told me that they could feel the temperature change as the dive went deeper. I couldn't. If I go again this winter I will leave the 7mm at at home and take a 3mm jumpsuit and rent a 3mm shorty. Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom