Cairns Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
G'Day mates.

I searched through threads to research where to stay in Cairns and where to find the best prices on accomodations. Someone posted a link to Wotif Wotif.com: Australia Hotels, Accommodation, Motels which is so helpful. The only problem is you can only book up to 1 month in advance from that website.

I am planning a group trip to Australia, staying on a liveaboard (inc the Coral Sea) for about one week and some days in a hotel before and/or after in Cairns. We may also stay a couple of days in Sydney. The problem is, the soon-to-be group needs to know what hotel they're staying at and how much it will be, so I can't leave it to the last minute or change it on them if that many rooms become unavailable or the expected price changes.

Is there another website (like Wotif) that gives great prices on accomodations in Cairns or Sydney and that you can reserve well in advance?

Your help will be very much appreciated! Thanks! :)

hi

this might help, you can nominate your stay dates further in advance; Last minute hotels: Compare & save up to 70% on 50,000+ hotels. or Quickbeds.com: Cheap Last Minute Hotels & Accommodation Bookings & Early Bird Discounts or Hotel Deals - Great accommodation rates from 77,000 hotels on Expedia Australia

oh, and my 2cents is i hated the Cairns Colonial (Cairns Colonial Club Resort - Resort Accommodation In Cairns Queensland), it looks really nice on the site but from my one night experience i like to describe it as a fibro dog-box ... but that could have just been my luck :wink:

hope it helps and good luck

oh, and FairyBasslet recently did a GBR trip so maybe she will pop in to tell us where she stayed and her thoughts on the place

and if you need any advice aboot sydney please ask

cheers

Thanks so much Almightywife! I really appreciate it! I forgot to mention that we're arranging the trip for January 2009. Thanks for your opinion on the Colonial Club as well. I'm looking for the best value on a very good hotel (4 star min) that's in a good location and with decent amenities.

Thanks again! :)

Hi Ayisha,
When I was there a few years ago, I stayed at the Four Seasons on the Esplanade. I would highly recommend it. It's got a pretty good location, across from the night market and in walking distance to a mall and lots of great shops. There are a few nice little corner coffee shops and restaurants all in walking distance. I did not rent a car because everything I wanted to do had pick-up service. Prices for the hotel were very reasonable i should add and the views from the higher floors are nice too

Have fun!
Terri

Thanks again, everyone. :)

The Holiday Inn looks good and reasonable, thanks. And thanks for the info site.

Terri, I didn't see a Four Seasons in Cairns, although I did see one listed in Sydney. I saw an All Seasons on Esplanade. Could that be it or do you possibly have a link to the Four Seasons in Cairns? Thanks!

Thanks! :)

My New Office is in the New Sebel Harbourlights on the Cairns Boardwalk. It is the premier hotel collecting rave reviews. Directly overlooking the Cairns Harbour with the Reef Boats at your door.

We have fine dining downstairs, and an excellent tour and information centre ( thats me). Because Sebel is new I know Chris the Manager is mad keen for new business.

If you like I can collect competitive rates and email you. Just need dates, numbers and style of rooms required.

Look us up @ Mirvac Hotels & Resorts The Sebel Harbourlights.

We are in between Hilton and Shangrila hotels. For a good picture go to the about us page on SCUBA DIVE CAIRNS and you will see my Helicopter shot of the marina, sebel and us.

Regards Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom