cairns, australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a post today on scubadiving.com's nmessage board about someones bad experience with a dive op there, you might want to read it. It was too long to post here.

I loved it. I did a two tank day dive last year on the GBR and it was incredible. Super vis and awesome wildlife. The giant clams were my favorite, they have a purple velvet looking liner. I saw a big barracuda right after I ran out of film.

The town is tourist based and has a great nightlife and lots of restaurants.

I totally agree that the diving further north is better than outside of Cairns...spending 3 1/2 hours to get out to dive sites made for a long day so the liveaboard was well worth it. I recommend spending time in the Daintree. As for Cairns....very much a tourist town ... the farmers market in the center of town held Friday to Sunday was great. Also the botanic garden was a nice diversion. Another toursit town that provided some interest and shopping is Kuranda...you can take a gondola up and an historic train back. They do know how to handle tourists!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom