California Digital Diving? Still In Business? Good? Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJinFLA

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered a housing and strobe package form California Digital Diving 10 days ago. i got an automated order response back the same day saying the order was pending. Since then I have gotten nothing back. I have tried calling both the toll and toll-free numbers and only get the answering machine. I tried writing to the email address that the order confirmation said to send to. I twas retuned by the mail server saying that the mailbox was full and could not accept any more emails?

This sounds bad. Are they still open? Has ayone had bad experiences with them?

LJ

Sounds like Ken is traveling. He runs quite a few trips. Usually he someone full-filling orders.

JackConnick:
Sounds like Ken is traveling. He runs quite a few trips. Usually he someone full-filling orders.

Since you have done business with him or at least know him can you vouch for his business. Is it good to deal with? Is this unusual for him?

LJ

OK more than 2 weeks and no word on my order. No change in status on the web site, email is returned because the email box is full, voicemail does not work because the voice mail box is full. i can't even contact him to let him know to cancel the order because there is no way to communicate with him.

This guy is either out of business, ill, or dead. There is no indication on the web site that he is on a dive trip, and if he was going to be gone for over two weeks, you would think that he would leave someone in charge of his business.

Does anybody know what is going on with Ken? How do i let him know to cancel the order, and that i have purchsed from someone else already.

LJ

Hi LJ -

Whatever happened with your situation? I noticed Kens site is no longer working and I'm wondering whats up. I got my rig from him a while back and want to get a few more things for it, so I'm trying to figure out who to go with...

Thanks

CALL Berkley.
At Back-Scatter.

I will check with them tomorrow and see what I can find out for you!!

Back-Scater in Monterey CA.

They will know what is going on and most likley can help you.

Backscatter Photography in Monterey CA!

Cool, thanks Jim will do.

Monterey is a frequent spot of mine and I'm familiar with BackScatter. I had an initial bad experience with them, but I'm starting to get over it. A couple guys over there are Nikon snobs and when I brought my canon & housing over for help they basically made me feel like an idiot for having a Canon. But the last few times I've been there, there is a guy who is really awesome and helpful (I forget his name).

Thanks again and I'll get the skinny from them on CADigitalDiving. I hope all is well with Ken & Rita.

Hi LJ -

Whatever happened with your situation? I noticed Kens site is no longer working and I'm wondering whats up. I got my rig from him a while back and want to get a few more things for it, so I'm trying to figure out who to go with...

Thanks

He's got to be long gone. I don't know what happened to him. I ended up buying the rig from other sources but i kept trying to contact him to make sure he didn't jest appear back again and ship my order. He never answerd the phone, or emails. Voice mail was full and emails got returned because the box was full. he never did bill me and never did ship anything.

LJ

Hi LJ -

Thanks

He's got to be long gone. I don't know what happened to him. I ended up buying the rig from other sources but i kept trying to contact him to make sure he didn't jest appear back again and ship my order. He never answered the phone, or emails. Voice mail was full and emails got returned because the box was full. he never did bill me and never did ship anything.

LJ

Back
Top Bottom