Call your U.S. Congressman in your area, to keep Canyon Lake open year around.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Canyon Lake is only open from March to September, plus they only allow so many people into North Park. You also have to reserve a camp site. I told the gate keeper that we were divers, and that we were only going to dive the lake. We did not need a camp site. Divers use to go in free. Too many rules that make no sense. I contacted my U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar who represents Laredo and part of San Antonio. He said since the Army Corp of Engineers runs the lake, he was going to see, what he can do to keep the lake open year round and he was going to look into some of these questionable rules for divers. He said he did not understand why only Canyon Lake is open for seven months a year.

Please contact you local U.S. Congressman and your U.S. Senators: Kay Bailey Huthchinson and Senator Cornyn to keep Canyon Lake open year round. Please help.

Concerned diver,
Laredo Scuba Diver
Rene :)

Thanks for passing on the info.

Back
Top Bottom