Called out again with a good ending.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
1455 hours the little black box makes its presence known by sounding a bunch of those irritating BEEPS.

All I can wish for is it’s a false alarm. I just got back from a 52-mile bike ride with the wind in our faces for the last half.

I pick it up and read the message. “MAKE CONTACT WITH NORTHERN LAKES 590 AT HONEYSUCKLE BEACH, WILL TRANSPORT UNITS TO ROCKAWAY BAY FOR A BOAT ACCIDENT”. Then a second page comes out “BOAT ACCIDENT, MEET FIREBOAT AT HONEYSUCKLE BEACH FOR TRANSPORT TO ROCKAWAY BAY”.

I drive the 11 miles code and arrive at Honeysuckle beach at 1505 hours. It’s almost a straight shot rum my house but the afternoon traffic was a pain in the butt.

At the Fireboat I learn the accident is over an hour old and the details are lacking at best. We never packed a piece of gear. The Firemen packed it all. Great bunch of guys.

We meet the patrol units at the accident location and can’t find any positive evidence that there was an accident.

So again we interview the Witness/RP. He says he saw a boat speed by a dock and hit another boat and dock. After the impact he saw one boat disappear and the motor from the other break loose and go a few hundred yards on it’s own.

OK dude, how much acid did you really do in the 60’s?

Just to cover our bases 5 of us hit the water and search about a 5-acre area. Notta, nothing, not even a gas can, let alone a boat and or motor.

Vis was good at about 30’ with a 42df temp. My area ran from 19 to 53 feet and all I saw was some tree roots, logs, water systems, home made anchors and a condom. But no stinkin accident evidence.

This is what we think happened. There were several PWC’s on the water and one was pulling a blue tube. Nobody was on it so it so it would go airborne in the turns. Seeing how the witness was about a quarter mile away it could have very well been them. With a little ancient acid added in. ;^)

I just went on another 15-mile ride so I have had my excursive for the day. It’s now Tequiza time.

Gary D.

well sir thats good news, i'm sure you would much rather be on one like that rather than one where you find the boat at the bottom along with the people on the boat. again sir, thank you and everyone that does the rescues for a great service you do for all of us.

steve

Strange waht some people see sometimes.... Once upon a time When I used to skydive I had a malfunction and I had to cut away my main canopie, anyway like 3 or 4 call came in to 911 one said I was hangin in a tree one said I was hanging in a hop field, and so on two sheriffs 2 ambulances and a fire truck showed up about 10 minutes later looking for me, they all had sh** eatin grins when I said, umm I'm ok I'm right here :D

I really like reading your posts because you're a good writer, and add a goodly dose of humor to them. You also have intersting topics to write about.

THANKS!

Randy

Gary D.:
1455 hours the little black box makes its presence known by sounding a bunch of those irritating BEEPS.

All I can wish for is it’s a false alarm. I just got back from a 52-mile bike ride with the wind in our faces for the last half.

I pick it up and read the message. “MAKE CONTACT WITH NORTHERN LAKES 590 AT HONEYSUCKLE BEACH, WILL TRANSPORT UNITS TO ROCKAWAY BAY FOR A BOAT ACCIDENT”. Then a second page comes out “BOAT ACCIDENT, MEET FIREBOAT AT HONEYSUCKLE BEACH FOR TRANSPORT TO ROCKAWAY BAY”.

I drive the 11 miles code and arrive at Honeysuckle beach at 1505 hours. It’s almost a straight shot rum my house but the afternoon traffic was a pain in the butt.

At the Fireboat I learn the accident is over an hour old and the details are lacking at best. We never packed a piece of gear. The Firemen packed it all. Great bunch of guys.

We meet the patrol units at the accident location and can’t find any positive evidence that there was an accident.

So again we interview the Witness/RP. He says he saw a boat speed by a dock and hit another boat and dock. After the impact he saw one boat disappear and the motor from the other break loose and go a few hundred yards on it’s own.

OK dude, how much acid did you really do in the 60’s?

Just to cover our bases 5 of us hit the water and search about a 5-acre area. Notta, nothing, not even a gas can, let alone a boat and or motor.

Vis was good at about 30’ with a 42df temp. My area ran from 19 to 53 feet and all I saw was some tree roots, logs, water systems, home made anchors and a condom. But no stinkin accident evidence.

This is what we think happened. There were several PWC’s on the water and one was pulling a blue tube. Nobody was on it so it so it would go airborne in the turns. Seeing how the witness was about a quarter mile away it could have very well been them. With a little ancient acid added in. ;^)

I just went on another 15-mile ride so I have had my excursive for the day. It’s now Tequiza time.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom