Calling all doctors... real ones, not tv characters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a CPap every night. Great device.

It uses air but I would love to know how anyone here has a similar device that upps the pO2 or fO2 at 1 ATA.

I have never heard of that.

If I did use one that added to my O2 clock while I slept I would be worried about my diving.

Are there tables for that?

I don't think so.

ya know i am not sure that they are saying oxygen and really mean "air"....they are dr's not divers...and no i have not gone to the sleep lab yet to get fitted. what they did was drop off a little device that i wore on my finger at night to monitor my oxygen levels...

they said (and i only wore it for 5hrs. cause it bothered me) that not only did i have sleep apnea. but i had a lot of it. one of the worse cases ever seen....thats me i do nothing half way.

so i have to call today to get the hospital part done and fitted for the very sexy mask. i figure that with my goggles in bed has to make for some kind of kinky....

w

Wendy - Did you call DAN? And did you post your question on the Marine Science and Physiology forum on SB?

Hey Wen.

The mask fit/comfort is REALLY important. It is often the make or break for using the machine.

My O2 saturation dropped to ~ 72%, amazing what the body does.

Just remember, "My wife yes, my dog maybe, my VPAP never." and you know how I love Nikita.

John

ya know i am not sure that they are saying oxygen and really mean "air"....they are dr's not divers...and no i have not gone to the sleep lab yet to get fitted. what they did was drop off a little device that i wore on my finger at night to monitor my oxygen levels...

they said (and i only wore it for 5hrs. cause it bothered me) that not only did i have sleep apnea. but i had a lot of it. one of the worse cases ever seen....thats me i do nothing half way.

so i have to call today to get the hospital part done and fitted for the very sexy mask. i figure that with my goggles in bed has to make for some kind of kinky....

w

Just go for the sleep study and see what they say. I have to tell you it is awkward but not invasive. (in a weird way it is kinda fun in a summer camp kind of way)

They are going to hook you up to about a hundred machines, glue electrodes to your head and body, place a tube below your nose, a few clamps on the fingers and toes and point an infrared camera at you in bed.

Then, they will tell you to "sleep normaly" as a technician watches your every move during slumber.

It sucks but within a few days they will be able to tell you what you need to have healthy sleep.

And if you really have sleep apena the cPap is going to change your life.

The mask takes some getting used to but in time you will love it.

No more waking up feeling hung over and abused.

I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

yeah i called dan, and its all good. and i did post in the medical forum. there already was a post going....seems like this is a pretty popular topic.

and they said i have a huge case of sleep apnea, not a bit of one...LOL

i have put this off for over ten years cause of the go to the hospital get hooked up now, sleep...haa haa....for me, i have to bring my own pillows, probably blanket cause the blankets they give you are like tissue paper. open a window....the list is endless...

but i will call after this weekend of diving.

thanks all.
w

Just go for the sleep study and see what they say. I have to tell you it is awkward but not invasive. (in a weird way it is kinda fun in a summer camp kind of way)

They are going to hook you up to about a hundred machines, glue electrodes to your head and body, place a tube below your nose, a few clamps on the fingers and toes and point an infrared camera at you in bed.

Then, they will tell you to "sleep normaly" as a technician watches your every move during slumber.

It sucks but within a few days they will be able to tell you what you need to have healthy sleep.

And if you really have sleep apena the cPap is going to change your life.

The mask takes some getting used to but in time you will love it.

No more waking up feeling hung over and abused.

I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.
for me thats because of sleep apnea. . .
yeah i called dan, and its all good. and i did post in the medical forum. there already was a post going....seems like this is a pretty popular topic.

and they said i have a huge case of sleep apnea, not a bit of one...LOL

i have put this off for over ten years cause of the go to the hospital get hooked up now, sleep...haa haa....for me, i have to bring my own pillows, probably blanket cause the blankets they give you are like tissue paper. open a window....the list is endless...

but i will call after this weekend of diving.

thanks all.
w
Typical woman, needy :wink: :wink: :wink: :kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom