Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, it's a computer, so it would be called - MacDive! And MacDive Pro for a Trimix version. :)

CineDiver:
Hello my fellow 'scubians'

I am wanting to create an awareness for manufactures, which will let them know that the Mac Users are here and wanting support, just as the Windoz guys. Without this info, developers such as Mark Rosenstein with DiveLog http://www.macdivelog.com, are not getting support from companies such as Suunto.

Now I just dropped one hell of a chunk of change down on a new D9 from DiveTank.com and this would be my second Suunto. I've worn an X-Lander everyday as my primary watch for years. My thing is this... if companies such as Suunto are not going to program for Mac or even planning to release the software down the road, why wouldn't you give programmers such as Mark the info they need to release Apps for the Mac.

I challenge Suunto or any other Manufacture to give a logical response to this problem! I always find that friendly competition only means better results in all ways from Application to Support.

Virtual PC is NOT the answer!!!! Its clunky and XP sucks! (to be so frank)

Case example for GPS road & street navigation: "Route 66" really really sucks... but its the only game intown (or atleast when I was forced to buy it!)

Please List How many Macs you own (I've got 3 and #4 coming soon) and what you would like to have supported. We can then start to refer to this tread for awareness. Also list any equipment manufactures that do support Mac OSX users (OS9 is same boat as VPC). If companies don't support Mac Users, why should we support them?

P.S. If you have any great Mac & Scuba links please post also!!!

'Mac'ingly yours

-CineDiver, churning the waters

Cine, It's time to put the BETAMAX :no down and come over to VHS!!! Listen, we understand that you chose poorly :( when purchasing what you thought was a computer. But now you can turn that puppy into a proper doorstop and get a REAL MACHINE, :14: a Windows machine and all that that entails. Alright, before you kick my butt, I am kidding!!!! I personally DO use Windows, but have heard great things about the MAC and feel for those of you who are left out in the cold for software. Good luck.

Okay.. just out of curiosity can't you run parallels on your mac and just use the windows app? you can download the parallel program for free while it is in beta. Granted you will have to get hold of a copy of winblowz to install.

CineDiver:
Hello my fellow 'scubians'

I am wanting to create an awareness for manufactures, which will let them know that the Mac Users are here and wanting support, just as the Windoz guys. Without this info, developers such as Mark Rosenstein with DiveLog http://www.macdivelog.com, are not getting support from companies such as Suunto.

Now I just dropped one hell of a chunk of change down on a new D9 from DiveTank.com and this would be my second Suunto. I've worn an X-Lander everyday as my primary watch for years. My thing is this... if companies such as Suunto are not going to program for Mac or even planning to release the software down the road, why wouldn't you give programmers such as Mark the info they need to release Apps for the Mac.

I challenge Suunto or any other Manufacture to give a logical response to this problem! I always find that friendly competition only means better results in all ways from Application to Support.

Virtual PC is NOT the answer!!!! Its clunky and XP sucks! (to be so frank)

Case example for GPS road & street navigation: "Route 66" really really sucks... but its the only game intown (or atleast when I was forced to buy it!)

Please List How many Macs you own (I've got 3 and #4 coming soon) and what you would like to have supported. We can then start to refer to this tread for awareness. Also list any equipment manufactures that do support Mac OSX users (OS9 is same boat as VPC). If companies don't support Mac Users, why should we support them?

P.S. If you have any great Mac & Scuba links please post also!!!

'Mac'ingly yours

-CineDiver, churning the waters

Thanks to the OP for starting and all for keeping this thread going. Count me in! My household has an iBook & a MacBook Pro. I use a Suunto vyper and would love mac software & support without having to run windoze.

nuke:
Would that be the iDive? I'ld go for it.

The "iDive" would probably work better with PC's as well.

Add me to the list. Mac mini at home and work issuse me a mac book. Would really be nice to have dive software.

nuke:
Would that be the iDive? I'ld go for it.

That's funny. I was just telling my wife after I got my new BC that I wish apple make these BCs, they will look better, lighter ,and more fun to use. You can probably use your iPod or iPhone with that too and iTunes to sync your divelogs :14:

Anyway back to the subject. I am facing the same problem but I just found DiveLog yesterday and started to use it. It looks nice but still lack a lot of features.

I just switched to mac after being a Windoz user all my life and will never go back to Windoz. I still have a Windoz Laptop but refuse to use it to download my divelogs or anything other than playing flightsim. It just take too much of my time boot/troubleshoot and I am just waiting for it do die or sell it to someone.

I am going to use Divelog on my iMac for now and hopefully it will get better with time!

regul8r:
Okay.. just out of curiosity can't you run parallels on your mac and just use the windows app? you can download the parallel program for free while it is in beta. Granted you will have to get hold of a copy of winblowz to install.

Parallels only works on Intel macs. For those, it's sweet, but for those of us still running G4s and G5s, we're S.O.L.

coyote

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom