Calling all Whites Fusion divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No argument here. Your normal was my normal for a couple years and a few hundred dives. I've just found a better way ;-)

Ok, I'll bite and ask - who's your custom bag maker? If you don't want to note it here, ok, please PM me then as I'm still in the evaluation stage and Whites is at the top of the list (though with summer on now, I won't buy until fall). Thanks:D

------
ah, if youre diving Deep Outdoors, then I guess you're the only one that ever is or ever will be. I read they are TU.

Last edited:
Having had the embarrassing experience of ending up on the surface, feet first, and hanging there going, "How do I get out of this?", I can tell you the answer is simple -- inflate your BC :)

Having had the embarrassing experience of ending up on the surface, feet first, and hanging there going, "How do I get out of this?", I can tell you the answer is simple -- inflate your BC :)

Yup...that is exactly what Bud taught us to do. It sucks looking all goofy when you are fins up doesn't??? :D I didn't get to see myself but I saw one of the other guys and if I looked like he did then it would have definitely been a sight to see...LOL!!! :wink:

It's pretty funny (if you can ignore the worry) to be boat-tending and see a diver end up on the surface, feet-first. It's not what you expect to come out of the water!

Ok, I'll bite and ask - who's your custom bag maker? If you don't want to note it here, ok, please PM me then as I'm still in the evaluation stage and Whites is at the top of the list (though with summer on now, I won't buy until fall). Thanks:D

------
ah, if youre diving Deep Outdoors, then I guess you're the only one that ever is or ever will be. I read they are TU.

DO is still around if you know who to call. I somehow managed to get a suit made long after they went "TU". Regardless, none of the things that I love about my suit are unique to DO. DUI, Bare, Hollis, Pinnacle, etc. all make cordura suits that are easier to don/doff, dry faster, pack lighter, etc. etc. etc. Again, I can't think of a single good reason to dive the Fusion. It's a gimmicky idea that the folks of Scubaboard have latched on to. In real life, we don't see very many of them on people who actually dive with any frequency (around here anyway).

DO is still around if you know who to call. I somehow managed to get a suit made long after they went "TU". Regardless, none of the things that I love about my suit are unique to DO. DUI, Bare, Hollis, Pinnacle, etc. all make cordura suits that are easier to don/doff, dry faster, pack lighter, etc. etc. etc. Again, I can't think of a single good reason to dive the Fusion. It's a gimmicky idea that the folks of Scubaboard have latched on to. In real life, we don't see very many of them on people who actually dive with any frequency (around here anyway).

I have about 100 dives on my Fusion Tech in CA waters over the last 18 months (I dive wet in summer). It was damn easy to learn to dive in, almost like a wetsuit. Yep a bit tricky to get in to but not that tricky. I can suit up just as fast as my DUI buddies. The fit and streamlining is where the suit shines. Yep, there are a few idiosyncrasies, but most drysuits have them. I'd like to see a real world test for a drysuit drying quicker than the tech skin on a Fusion.

I get that you do not like the Fusions, but the OP already has one, and is looking for advice about how to make his work the best for him. In my opinion your comments are best saved for someone trying to make a decision, not someone who already has.

In real life, we don't see very many of them on people who actually dive with any frequency (around here anyway).
Several of the Lake Michigan wreck dive regulars from Chicago Scuba Meetup dive Fusions and are quite happy with them. Of course there's a whole menagerie of dry suits among the regulars, but I think it's safe to say that there are people who dive frequently and are happy with Fusions (including me).

I guess James Flenner (fdog) and I must not dive regularly . . .

DO is still around if you know who to call. In real life, we don't see very many of them on people who actually dive with any frequency (around here anyway).

On the first, if you know who to call you can have anything custom made, so that's not much help to the average scuba joe. Second, cant say I've ever heard of a Deep Outdoors drysuit, much less seen one, so you're on equal footing with the Whites in your region. But its all good capitalism - a choice on what to buy. I imagine that in China there is only one choice in drysuits...and it probably is red!:wink:

We did our dry suit check out dives today and I must say that Matt is right about the sag but there is a way to get around that. Wear a belt that holds up yer pants boy!!! HAHAHA!!! I am definitely going to be looking for a belt that I can wear during surface intervals to keep my suit up. It was a bit annoying to deal with but the benefits out weight that small PITA by a long shot I think. My wife dove with one instructor and I dove with another and they both said we did "REAL GOOD". One lake dive and one pool dive and we both feel pretty good about diving in our new White's. We both know we need more buoyancy practice but feel confident that it won't be too terribly long before we are doing pretty good.

Thanks everyone for reading this thread and posting.

Back
Top Bottom