Calling Force Fin Customers in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.. Slowly we lost over 600 dealers in the U.S. and many others overseas.

Yeah.. it comes back to end-customer's price sensitivity about fins (as per multiple other discussions) and as such, dealer finding it harder to justify FF over cheap brands. Hence not a big surprise although sad to hear about your experience. A great dealer network would definitely help to promote your great product. I personally intend to order my FF Pro online but pulled back due to shipping cost (not blaming but I but 60 USD was a tough call).

Hopefully you will be able to track down a Force Fin diver. Best, Bob

Unfortunately I did not find anyone in Singapore but found a dealer in Hong Kong. Asking my girlfriend to pick them up and bring them over to Singapore. However, they are too large (although I followed the size recommendation on your website). Not only that I have to trouble her to return, they don't even have the FF Pro in yellow (size M) on Stock.

I want my FF Pro :-(

full

full

Now I am back at where I was before :-(

Sad,
Dan

If they are only a bit large, I would NOT return them. I would get the comfort inserts. The inserts make a comfortable fin even more comfortable and it helps them fit perfectly. I use the comfort inserts when doing pool work. I use a soft bootie when diving warm water with the same fin.

If they are only a bit large, I would NOT return them.

Hmm.. my girlfriend would also hate the trouble of returning them to Hong Kong. In addition, I would also get store credit for a shop I would naturally not go.
The inserts make a comfortable fin even more comfortable and it helps them fit perfectly. I use the comfort inserts when doing pool work. I use a soft bootie when diving warm water with the same fin.

I currently dive Jetties with Neopren socks because I have to. Frankly, I would prefer not top bring the socks, as I try to have my dive gear utter lean (I travel carry-on only). Further, the inserts seem not make a major difference as according to Bob's website, the inserts reduces the pocket by 1.5mm each side only; not be enough in my situation (even with neopren socks they remain a bit loose). Wearing booties is out of question given the above.

Frankly a bit surprised how the size could be that much off: Given that I have EU 43-44 (translates into US 10-10.5), I should be on the outer end of size ML (according to FF website), however, if you look at the pictures posted, I have more than 1.5cm gap.

Anyone tried the M size and can provide feedback how much smaller they are compared to ML?

Last edited:
I have the exact same size foot as you and there is NO WAY that I can fit into a M. Now, my fit are on the wide size, but still. I use a L with inserts. I LOVE the inserts and if I have to choose a smaller size without or larger with inserts, I would go with the larger.

I am more concerned by why your foot is not farther into the pocket. I would expect that your toes be much farther out of the opening. Is there something keeping your foot that far back?

As a rule, FF feel loose compared to other full foot fins. That should not concern you, a little lateral play keeps them comfortable for a many dives per day. From what I see, don't worry about it being a bit loose on the surface, go dive them for 10+ dives without your neoprene socks and then make a decision. But from what I see I think you should stick your foot in a bit further and have a ball. After a handful of dives I expect you'll love them.

DSC_0041.JPG

this is how far your foot should slot into the foot pocket. please note, that there is a moderate amount of room near my ankle

For size reference. my sig other- wears a womens 7-7.5 US (EU 38) wears a ML with a comfort instep. I am sure a M would be too small

If the bungie strap is too loose it can be tightened quite easily. Just ask

Dear both,
thank you very much for your feedback, letting me bring it to the pool to try out (only one fin was unsealed during the time of my post). Long story short: I LOVE and will keep them !! Nonetheless, will have to work on the fitting as advised by you two.

I am more concerned by why your foot is not further into the pocket. I would expect that your toes be much further out of the opening. Is there something keeping your foot that far back? [..] If the bungie strap is too loose it can be tightened quite easily. Just ask

Based on your feedback, I pushed my foot entirely though (letting them fit a bit tighter). Shorting the bungee would definitely be required, however, fitting looks a bit better. Would highly appreciate any advice how to do that :)

I LOVE the inserts and if I have to choose a smaller size without or larger with inserts, I would go with the larger.

Ok, will use my neopren socks until I get the inserts from this dealer in Hong Kong

For size reference. my sig other- wears a womens 7-7.5 US (EU 38) wears a ML with a comfort instep. I am sure a M would be too small

Thanks. Surprising but convinced me to keep them and to work on the sizing myself :)

For potential FF users in Singapore: Let me know if you want to try out. We have a training pool.
For purchase reference (based on my previous research the only dealer in the region):
Diving Adventure Ltd., Hong Kong. They were quite nice and helpful.

Bob has directions on adjusting the straps on his site. see video on this page Force Fin Bungie Heel Strap Replacement Kit these bungies don't need to be tight, but enough to keep them from being dislodged. The fins will force themselves into place as you kick them. I have dove these fins many many times without the heel strap altogether.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom