Cammouflage Pattern Dive Skin ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeffe

Reaction score
Would a oversize dive skin, to fit over various wet suit configurations, give an advantage when spearfishing ?
Could such a setup cause problems during a dive ?
Has any one used a Commo skin effectively ?
I note that Bluewaterhunter has a light wetsuit in cammo, has anyone tried it ?
What about freshwater uses ?:confused:

... but does it reflect the way that fish react to being preyed upon? Big game and bird hunters camouflage themselves by covering their scent and blending into the background so as not to be noticed by their prey. Every time I've been close to a fish, they take no notice of me until I get within a few inches of them, so it would *seem* that fish react differently.

If the guy in the photo is so concerned about blending in, does it seem ironic to anyone else that he's wearing neon green fins? Or leaking air from his first stage?

I'd be happy to help, but I couldn't see the guy in the picture, it was like he was camoflauged or something. Just a pair of bright green fins floating in the water column

That one looks a lot nicer than some of the coral-camo skins I've seen. Those seem much more effective, with shades of pink and bright yellow :D.

Maybe the idea is not to be seen when on the surface, in case you drift away from the boat. Who would want to be visible then?

If fish only see varying shades of gray, maybe the patern would breakup the hunters outline and help to hide the predatory intent of the hunter.
Geeze, gotta be seen by the dive boat alright, I guess that's a good arguement for a signal sausage in the BCD.
Keep em' a' commin' , this ol' hill boy is a' learnin'.
I found this photo posted on deeperblue's buletin board.
yeah, I been askin' round everywhere.

I'm not really sure what the benefit to a camo wetsuit would be. I have a black akona wetsuit with black fins and I have never had any problem with fish freaking out when I come close. I spearfish in the panhandle of Florida. Does it make a difference? I don't know, just wandering. Maybe I could get more fish with a camo wetsuit. Tell me what you think.:confused:

Do they come in greens and browns? I could use it to hunt elk in bad weather! :D

www.deeperblue.net

Suit Patterns and colors have been discussed at lenght there.

Brown? yes - by Florida Freedivers, Omer, and Picasso.

Glad to see you've been to the 2James site, want to talk to the creators? they're both regular posters at Deeperblue.

Just remember - all the camo in the world won't help you if you're on Scuba. Get a nice set of freediving fins and hunt with ethics.

Willer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom