Camp Dive Weekend Gear Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggiebq86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The only gear I currently own is mask, fins & shorty. Up until now my diving has consisted of vacation trips where I rented the remaining stuff. Since I'm looking at doing more diving locally, I figured I should start to get more of my own stuff since rentals would add up quickly. When you add to that my daughter and girlfriend are in the same boat as me, I figured I should look at some used gear. Does anyone have regs & BCDs taking up extra room in their closet they might be interested in selling? I figure I'll buy new wetsuits unless someone has a really good deal.

I posted on another thread if a swap meet had ever been done at one of these weekends. Would there be any interest in this?

The only gear I currently own is mask, fins & shorty. Up until now my diving has consisted of vacation trips where I rented the remaining stuff. Since I'm looking at doing more diving locally, I figured I should start to get more of my own stuff since rentals would add up quickly. When you add to that my daughter and girlfriend are in the same boat as me, I figured I should look at some used gear. Does anyone have regs & BCDs taking up extra room in their closet they might be interested in selling? I figure I'll buy new wetsuits unless someone has a really good deal.

I posted on another thread if a swap meet had ever been done at one of these weekends. Would there be any interest in this?

Aggie,

I have two complete recreational setups that include first stage, second stage, backup second stage, 7 ft hoses, bags and nitrox computers each. One is a fairly new Zeagle VI and the other is an amazing Mares Titanium. All guaranteed to work flawlessly. $150 each

I also have an XL Zeagle Ranger Ltd BCD. State of the ART recreational BCD. $200

For the tech divers I have a Dive rite manifold with plugs and isolation bar and a set of 8" DR bands. $200

Aggie,

I have two complete recreational setups that include first stage, second stage, backup second stage, 7 ft hoses, bags and nitrox computers each. One is a fairly new Zeagle VI and the other is an amazing Mares Titanium. All guaranteed to work flawlessly. $150 each

I also have an XL Zeagle Ranger Ltd BCD. State of the ART recreational BCD. $200

For the tech divers I have a Dive rite manifold with plugs and isolation bar and a set of 8" DR bands. $200

Sorry, both reg setups have an Apollo biofilter as well. I'll need $200 each setup.

Having never used a biofilter, what does it do and how much extra does it cost to maintain. I'm really interested in both setups and the BCD. I'm 5'10 and weigh in at 220. Will this fit me?

Having never used a biofilter, what does it do and how much extra does it cost to maintain. I'm really interested in both setups and the BCD. I'm 5'10 and weigh in at 220. Will this fit me?

Yes, the BCD would fit. I'm about 5-11 210. It should fit up to 6-2 250 easy.

The Apollo biofilter is a metal container that sits inline on your primary hose. It has a white spongy filter that only needs plain water before each day. This filter hydrates the air you breathe and prevents dehydration from dry air(relieves dry mouth at the end of the dive). The charcoal filter removes contaminants (you never know how clean the air is when you travel). Each kit should have two sponge filters and two carbon filters. I have only had to buy an extra sponge in the last 7 years on one. The other has not even been used.

A wise man would say, "sold on all three". The Ranger alone sells for more than $600 new. My Ranger is over 10 years old and no thought of replacing it. Both Becky and me dive the Zeagle ds IV and will use them till I can't get parts.

I will be at Windy Point on Friday and bring my "bag" of spare odds and ends.

Yeah those are good deals

I have an Akona 5 mil 2 pc suit with hooded vest, gloves, and well worn booties. It's an XL. When I first got it, I was 187lbs / 5'9" and it fit perfectly. I think the step thru top and vest have maybe 6 or 7 dives on them. I mostly used the farmer john. It is in good shape. The knee pads have come off (need regluing) but the suit is sound. Looking to sell it for $50.00.

Just to let everyone know, I'm taking him up on the two reg set ups and the Zeagle. I'm holding off on the backplate. I'm probably going to rent a wet suit for this weekend since I need that to fit in order to dive that weekend. I'll be checking out any deals people may be bringing for the weekend.

Just to let everyone know, I'm taking him up on the two reg set ups and the Zeagle. I'm holding off on the backplate. I'm probably going to rent a wet suit for this weekend since I need that to fit in order to dive that weekend. I'll be checking out any deals people may be bringing for the weekend.
I suspect there will be gear for sale/trade (I'll have some for sure) that you might could test out. I started out a few years ago thinking I'd get just the gear I needed with no "extra" by doing some solid research and frugal renting :rofl3:

Now I've got way over $10K worth of gear I never use :idk: See ya there :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom