Can anyone help me? Akona won't ! ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My girlfriend bought me a Akona AKT102 Safety Signal Tube for christmas and it missing the mouthpiece that screws into the red threads to inflate it, it's been laying in closet for 2 months now, and I just noticed when I was setting up my new BC, and of course no receipt now.

Anybody know where I can get one without having to buy a whole new safety sausage, or has got a wrecked one that they want to sell the mouthpiece? I'll pay, just don't gouge me to hard, please :dollar:

I really don't want to junk a brand new piece of safety equipment, over one little piece of plastic.

Mares, Action Plus, UK, have always been very good to me (replace, or at least pointed me in the right direction) when something is screwed up, even when I've screwed them up.

What upsets me is Akona sent me a letter saying pretty much "to bad, so sad" can't help you out, but buy another one, and keep using our products. :cussing: I've bought tons of their equipment, but now I'm done buying from them.

I looked everywhere online, don't seem to find the specific mouthpiece for your safety sausage.

If you want to keep it, then go to ebay: http://search.ebay.com/safety-sausage_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40 - buy something cheap and hopefully you can take mouthpiece off and put it on your new sausage.

Sorry that I can't be more of help.

Lil' Irish Temper:
My girlfriend bought me a Akona AKT102 Safety Signal Tube for christmas and it missing the mouthpiece that screws into the red threads to inflate it...

Lil' I.T.,

Hey buddy, get your Irish under control... I have good news!
Nothing is missing.

Lightly bite down on the red ridged stem.
Pull it out, and blow.
Repeat until full.
Push it back in to seal it.

Have a good dive!

Chad

Thanks Chad,

The red tube piece that was suppose to be in the middle wasn't there. Sooooo after venting here, I wrote Jon Gray of RMI Scuba (Parent company of Akona, Sherwood) and being the wonderful man he is sent me 2 new safety sausage *Free*, and a ton of Sherwood, Akona stickers, to slap all over the place. (no they are not going on my tank) Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :D

Apparently all you have to do is go to the CEO, to get things solved.

What am I gonna do with all these stickers? Ideas?

Lil' Irish Temper:
What am I gonna do with all these stickers? Ideas?

Give some to meeeeeeeee...:D

dumb question .... why don't you return it to the place your girlfriend purchased it for an exchange .... most dive shops wouldn't think twice about trading it out for a customer.

scubapro50:
dumb question .... why don't you return it to the place your girlfriend purchased it for an exchange .... most dive shops wouldn't think twice about trading it our for a customer.

She bought it online, just one of the perils of buying online, and of course can't find the receipt, she probably threw it away.

ScubaFreak:
Give some to meeeeeeeee...:D

PM me with your address my Irish coz, I will mail you some out Friday morning.

Lil' Irish Temper:
The red tube piece that was suppose to be in the middle wasn't there. Sooooo after venting here, I wrote Jon Gray of RMI Scuba (Parent company of Akona, Sherwood) and being the wonderful man he is sent me 2 new safety sausage *Free*, and a ton of Sherwood, Akona stickers, to slap all over the place. (no they are not going on my tank) Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :D

Glad to hear they took care of you!

I know the SMB I got several years ago from Akona was not intuitive to inflate, even when the valve is complete, but it does actually work well.

RMI, PSI and CDI are the distributors of the Sherwood, Genesis and Akona lines. They are very good businessmen and like to keep their customers happy. Sherwood is a division of the Harsco Corporation.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom