Can I dive before I get my card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
Hello. I'm ready for my open water this weekend. Question, after I pass and get signed off. Do i have to wait until my card comes in before I go and do more diving. I'm going through SSI.

You should get a temporary card. Waiting on C-Cards can take forever sometimes. I am waiting on cards from PADI, NAUI, and NSS-CDS taht have taken over 3 months each.

It's never taken more than 14 days for a card to arrive for me. If the shop sends them in, they are processed pretty fast.

Originally posted by randyjoy
It's never taken more than 14 days for a card to arrive for me. If the shop sends them in, they are processed pretty fast.

My AOW card took over a month, my TDI Nitrox card took less than a week. Same shop, same timeframe [the cards came the same day].

And yea, you'll get a temporary card that you can use until your official one comes.

I am getting certified through SSI and my OW dives are this weekend too. My instructor said he will give us a card that's good for 30 days if we want to dive. If the c-cards don't come in within 30 days, the shop can give us another temp every month until they do. I am sure it's probably the same up where your are.

Jessica

Yes. Just ask for a temp card if you're going to a different dive shop or on a trip. Your log book signed and stamped should be enough with a picture ID.

take your signed-off dive log. If you have friends who are instructors, you can dive with them for fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom