Can I find parts to restore an original scubapro Mark II ? I believe it's more than 30 years old, still shiny ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsie king

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi fellow divers,

I have been given what the donor called "a museum piece", he told me it was a Mark II that he used many years when he was younger and that his scuba shop said was no more supported. I was wondering if there was a schematic for it and if parts could be found to restore it.

Attachments

• IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6216.jpeg
    IMG_6216.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 58
That appears to be a SPEC MK III first stage with 108 HP second stage from the early-mid 80's.

MKIII 108HP_page-0001.jpgExtracted pages from Scubapro 1983_page-0001.jpg

Attachments

• HP-1988-07.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • MK3-1988-07.pdf
    222.1 KB · Views: 46
MK II & MK III use the same high pressure seat, and the 108 HP uses a common low pressure seat found in many unbalanced second stages.
Pre made service kits specifically made for the MK III / 108 HP may not be available, but all the parts to restore the regulator can be found.

I will open it when it will be time to service a MkII plus i have so that I can check if the seat is compatible. And for the 108, do you know if it's
compatible with other 2nd stage ?

And for the 108, do you know if it's compatible with other 2nd stage ?
Yes, compatible with most other second stages. The 108's are unbalanced downstream second stages operating with IP range of 125-145 PSI. A nice feature of the 108 High Performance is the adjustable orifice, original 108's do not have this feature and can only be tuned by adjusting lever height.

My assumption that you have the HP version is based on dating the MK III first stage. Confirm by removing the hose to check if the orifice is adjustable.

It is a nice set. Fully serviceable with original parts, which are easily available and reasonably priced.
Being both 1st and 2nd stages unbalanced, I would dedicate its usage to a deco/stage tank.

See that little bag of seats, in the middle of the photo, that I punched out of a sheet of rubber
well that is a little bag of seats that I happened to one fine day punch out of a sheet of rubber

319 004a.jpg

But that's not the rubber you see in the corner, that's insertion rubber with the punch for diaphragms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom