Can I mix Poseidon and Mares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@parmesannongrata DIR does not use H or Y valves on single tanks as an FYI. Goes straight from a single first and 2 seconds, to normal doubles.

You will not freeze either of those two first stages under the ice as an FYI. It's functionally impossible. The Poseidon second stage also won't freeze.

I would commit to either one first stage or two, and depending on which second stage you prefer, commit to that style of second stage and keep the others as spares, or just sell the set that you don't like as much.

This has nothing to do with not mixing regulators btw. My Poseidon Jetstream second stages are on Scubapro MK25 first stages. I just prefer not to mix second stages on the same first stage.

I don't know how cold you will be diving, but if "extreme" I suggest you consider adding an environmental seal kit to the MR22. There are both dry and oil filled versions available, or at least there were in the past. That option might dry up now that MR22 is out if production.

@parmesannongrata DIR does not use H or Y valves on single tanks as an FYI. Goes straight from a single first and 2 seconds, to normal doubles.
I am well aware of that. It is however common practice in Germany, to have two first stages as soon as the water cools down. "No matter the cost." H or Y valves are also deemed as justified because the valves themselves might go to hell.
One might argue the point. However it does happen you get a dirty look or get asked to sort that (single first stage) out before the next time.

I am well aware of that. It is however common practice in Germany, to have two first stages as soon as the water cools down. "No matter the cost." H or Y valves are also deemed as justified because the valves themselves might go to hell.
One might argue the point. However it does happen you get a dirty look or get asked to sort that (single first stage) out before the next time.

I have no objection to H-valves, but they are not DIR which was my point. Now, I don't use them or recommend them, since I opt to just use doubles personally, but to each his own. Just wanted to comment that they are not within the confines of DIR's gear configuration.

Back
Top Bottom