Can I use the Class 10 SDHC with my DX 1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonpa10den

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The latest SDHC cards (class 10) are rated at 30 MB/s. Can I use one of these cards with my DX 1G? I can find what speed the camera writes to the card at so I also can't figure out where there is any benefit to using a card this fast. Any advice on buying the optimum card for this camera would be much appreciated.

A related question. I have seen a number of posts where members are using 8GB cards with their DX1 1G's. I know Sea & Sea suggest using a $ GB card but is there any risk/downside in using the larger capacity card.

HI-
The DX-1G is compatible with up to a 4GB SDHC card. The 1G was designed prior to 8GB cards being available, hence the capacity limit. Even with a 4GB card, the storage is quite large - up to 206 RAW files, and 1699 jpg files. A chart is here.
As you mentioned, the camera internal write speed and flash recycle time effect the ready time of the camera more so than the card class. Sandisk, Transcend, Kingston, Lexar are recommended and 4GB class cards will be suitable.

Back
Top Bottom