Can new cinch be used on a 2002 Halcyon SS BP and Pioneer 27?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stokes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just recently started diving again and revived my Halcyon rig.

I brought it to a shop here in Manila for servicing and they said the wing has to be replaced because the dump valve has cracked, and no spare parts available. Is that true? Any authorized repair shop in Manila?

Are there significant changes from my Halcyon Pioneer 27 & SS BP bought 11 years ago with today's Infinity rig (aside from cinch)? Had the BP changed since? Can the cinch system and the padded harness be added on to mine?

I guess, what I am trying to assess is if the incremental cost to reviving my rig is close to getting a new set-up.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Stokes,
Thank you for your inquiry. If the threaded portion of the OPV has cracked it is not repairable. The wing would need to be replaced. If you can contact techservices@halcyon.net Corey can give you your options. The Pioneer wing has been discontinued. The Cinch may fit your back plate but we would need to see a picture f it to verify. Some of the early back plates did not have the same bend as the plates now have....Please contact Corey or Ken@halcyon.net to see about your wing options.

Thanks! Will take pics and will email...

I have a SS backplate purchased about 4/2002, and would like to know if it's compatible with the Cinch system.
If you need to see pictures of the plate, specifically what parts of the plate? Thanks.

The email quoted below is from Ken at Halcyon in reference to a picture of my plate. I want to put that info here for future reference. Thanks Ken:

"That is a pre2002 and the bend and hole placements are not the same as our plate now. The square holes on the bottom edge of the plate are a key identifier on the age of the plate and if the cinch fits or not."

Back
Top Bottom