Can you get parts for DACOR 360 and Pacer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnCollins

Reaction score
I have not done a dive since 1990, and will next week. I brought my mid-1980's DACOR 360 first stage and Pacer XLE second stage to a shop for a rebuild.

Went to another shop on my way home from work to pick up a few things and in a discussion I had, the proprietor said you can no longer get parts for that reg. He also said he's seen regs brought to him from the other shop that had old parts in them after the owners were told they had new parts. He suggested I ask to see a DACOR parts kit, in the bag, properly marked before paying for my rebuild at the other place. He's sure they can't get parts for it.

Is he right? I must say the shop I dropped my reg at is not impressive. The shop I was in today is much nicer, better organized, neater bench, more repair instruments. The guy sounded knowledgeable and he said, "Look I don't care if you go buy a new reg somewhere else. Please do, I don't need the business that bad. But I would NOT dive that DACOR if it wasn't used since 1990, and I know you can't get parts for it. Go get a Sherwood Oasis somewhere else, if you like, but please don't dive that reg."

I'm clueless, of course. Comments?

JPC

My brother has a Pacer and I was able to get it serviced for him last year at the shop I instruct for. But talking with the owner last week he stated that the parts are getting hard to find and that DACOR will be stopping soon. I know he's right as he was working on one while we were talking which made me mention my brother's. He's the only one in the shop that will work on them as I guess they are hard to deal with.....need a tool that you can't get anymore. The other newer tech's in the shop have given up after too many bloody knuckles!

So I'm inclined to say you got the right information. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a new reg.

I am a certified MAres/ Dacor service tech and I happen to work at a dive shop...

I just tried to order parts for the PACER, and was told by MARES (same company now, they merged) that the PACER parts are being DISCONTINUED.

I asked them how many they had left, and I ordered half of what they have left. So, I think we will be one of the only shops that have ANY pacer parts for a while.

Bottom line is, if you send your reg to our shop, we can service it for you this year, but maybe not next year.

Good Luck... You have to find a shop that has the parts IN STOCK RIGHT NOW, because they will not be able to get them from the manufacturer any more...

PM me if you want to send it to me for service...

Thanks for the offer, but if the guy who has it now can't produce a parts bag labeled for my reg when I go in tomorrow, I'm offering to buy a new reg on the spot--he gets to keep my old reg. I'm not taking it back from them and paying for any maintenance unless I see a properly labeled parts bag.

Shame. I liked the regulator, and I'm irritated as heck they aren't making parts for it any more.

JPC

Am now the proud owner of a new Scubapro MK16/S550 with Air2 BC inflator octopus. Got out of paying for the overhaul of my Dacor 360/Pacer XLE by leaving it with him for parts use. I would have just tossed it anyway.

Well, I hope they keep making parts for my new rig for a long time.

JPC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom