Can you simulate UW light conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Ron. I've actually done quite a bit topside, as well as about 8 dives now. I'm quite comfortable with the camera and the settings, and can manipulate it even with gloves. I've made it easier by using the custom button setting to allow me to access the "My 1,2,3 & 4 settings" with a single stroke, and I can even manage to read the screen display for exposure and aperture settings about half the time. I may invest in one of those magnifiers for the display for about $60 bucks, but hopefully I won't need it. At this point I've set up 3 different base settings for Macro, supermacro and wide shots that allow me to scroll up and down on both the aperture and exposure, and I'm playing with them at the depths and locations I usually dive. Other than the really bad vis and green water days, Monterey conditions are fairly predictable. Unfortunately there are a lot of those days. I will try using the "S" mode and letting the camera do the aperture, as that seems to be what the presets do, although on some sort of algorithm that allows multiple adjustments according to light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom