Cancun or Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just a heads up when I was in coba ruins you can not climb the pyramid anymore. I have also dove Cabo as well as playa / coz and definitely recommend playa/ coz area. Be sure to try a guided cenote dive if you’re interested

I appreciate the help everyone. We are flying into Cancun and staying in Playa.
I highly recommend the dive operation: CenotEXperience. We stayed in Playa and dove the cenotes with them and a few dives off Cozumel. Now going directly to Cozumel.

You will have a great time.

Don't pass up a trip to the ruins at Tulum.

Look into visiting the ruins at Coba, about 45 minutes west of Tulum. While not as spectacular as Tulum, you can still climb the pyramid, which is generally not possible anywhere else. The view from the top is best in the morning, when the sun is to the east. There is a building on top that blocks your view to the east, so your only view is to the west, ergo early morning light is best.

The ruins at Ek Balam are also very cool, and climbable. We hired a local guide out of Puerto Morelos for the day trip, swam at a cenote and visited a cool Mexican Craft Art museum in Valladolid on the same trip.

Did about 3 hours of driving total that day.

JW

I would highly recomend to come & visit Cabo Pulmo National Park.

It's been declared a NP since 1995 and marine life has grown more than 400%. Fishing is banned and the diving is wow!

If ever come this area, I can help you with your diving trip :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom