Canister for Ow dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seasquatch

Reaction score
i am making a canister light, but am now thinking that it might be a little over kill if i am just OW cert. AOW soon, is it just going to get in the way? (p.s. making it is going to just as fun as using it)

Hey SS - welcome to the board.

Until I integrated a canister into the rig (read: "wearing" the light) I was constantly leaving my light on the boat during day time dives. I mean, you never know what it will REALLY be like down there until you're in...and then its too late.

Its often (especially this year) dim enough to have a light with me at 40 - 60 feet out here...on a mid-day dive.

And schlepping a light cannon on every dive meant I needed to "remember" something, hold something, etc, etc....

Integrating a light into your rig, so its on every dive (and is as much a part of your rig as your BC or Reg) is the best way I can think of to, well, always have it with you.

PLUS - when you and your buddy get dialed in to light signals while you dive, you'll stop looking over your shoulder and enjoy your diving a lot more.

I've never regretted having it along. Regardless of your "level" of diving, you'll like having it alone, and it will be effortless once you've integrated it into your rig.

My $.02

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom