canister lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Li-Ion batteries do not contain metallic lithium.

They do not explode in salt water.

I never said they did, I said that Ni Mh do not.

I am however more concerned with how it and Li Po burn in salt water and the pressures exerted on the canister when it does....

That said I am sure in the future I will be using these technologies more. Jut not in my first can light now.:crafty:

Li-Ion has nearly completely bridged the value gap with NiMH on a watthour basis...

yup, it is getting close.

My idea on my first can light is not to revolutionize but offer great value in a time tested package. That I will be doing.

I am however more concerned with how it and Li Po burn in salt water and the pressures exerted on the canister when it does....

Now you have me curious. Could you please go into a bit more detail about what chemical process you think is going on when Li-Ion/Li-Po (not exactly an either-or there...) batteries hits salt water versus NiMH ones? Having seen floods of each, I have a good sense of what happens. Just curious what you see the difference to be, since it appears you're basing business decisions on this difference.

Thanks.

I would be happy to test it out when you have some demo's :cool2:

I am looking to get a canister light but not sure I want HID vs. LED. Why HID? Aren't they more expensive?

As the dealers now know (info taken from your HID sale thread) can you spill the beans to the rest of us out here???

Pic, details and prices would be awesome!

My ears also pricked up when I read cerich's HID sale thread. I'm absolutely delighted to hear that HOG is making a canister light. I was very impressed with HOG's regs, so if HOG's can lights are of comparable value and quality, there will be some happy divers out there. Here's hoping that HOG will produce a 9-13W canister light...if so, rest assured you've already got your first customer!

Back
Top Bottom