Cannon 100 Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone uses Cannon 100 dive lights as video-lights?
How do they perform and do you have to use a red filter or not when using the lights?
Thank you

I've played around a little with having one Cannon 100 as my video light, given that I already had the light it was a cheap solution, it does work, I wouldn't say it's the best solution (you don't need a red filter as long as you are close to your subject) and if I was looking to buy lights for a video camera I'd definitely look elsewhere, but again, it was a good cheap solution.

Hello

I am using two UK HID's on my video setup currently. They work alright for what I paid for them. If you are doing macro or something fairly close they work well. But for large wide angle shots they fade out. But on the other hand I am upgrading to either Greenforce HID's or Nite Rider HID's and they will over power any subject that is in close or in macro.

Chris

Started out with 2 of them, too much hassle for too little light. Migrated to 24W Brightstar HIDs and couldn't be happier. While they are more expensive, in the long run the LiIon batteries, ease of charging and light output will keep you happy.

If your budget is limited, you may want to consider retrofitting the LC100 with a LiIon battery pack (self-made or by Fisheye LTD. in Japan).

Scubacam in Singapore has just released a pretty interesting LED light with compares to the LC100 in light output, comes with a LiPolymer battery but only 1h runtime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom