Canon 10-22 and Ikelite ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The price differece in the US is about half of that. It is also a two part system.

There is a huge size difference between the two ports.

You can do over/under easily with the 8".

It is interesting that you post this question as I am currently about to purchase an ikelite housing and one of the lenses I am going to be using is the EF-S 10-22. From looking at the Ikelite port chart for Canon lenses, I thought I only needed the following items:

5510.22 Ikelite Port Body for 8" Dome Port for Nikon 12-24mm and Canon 10-22mm Lenses B&H Price $140
5510.45 Ikelite 8" Dome Port with Shade and Cover B&H Price $380

Is this not the case?... I have to say looking at the Ikelite chart for what you need can be a little confusing... If you went the 6" dome route... you would only need the 5503.50 at around $190. So i was thinking it was only a $330 price difference.

If anyone knows for sure I would appreciate confirmation that I am right/wrong.

Wow, I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun!), let me know which you ultimately end up with!

2bladephotog: good point... will I get sharper corners in case of fisheye or any WA lens?
2BWDiver: sure you dont have to buy focus port extension but dont sure regarding the extension ring. in the best case it will be 250$ less that makes the price more reasonable...

I'm not sure about the fisheye. Just contact Ikelite. They're pretty easy to get a hold of. I use the 10-22 in the 8" dome port and like it quite a bit for what I do.

Back
Top Bottom