Canon 5d Mark II settings with 17-40mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Miller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am mainly shooting macro with a 100mm lens. I'd like to start taking some WA shots with my 17-40mm. Any recommendations on settings for a first stab at WA with my 5d? I am thinking 1/40, F8, ISO 100. Just curious if others have experience with this lens.

Thanks for your help.

It really depends on many factors such as the water conditions (amount of silt in the water), the effect you are trying to get and the subject of your picture.

Yeah, good point cliavn. I am thinking about it for trip to Maui. In our low-viz waters here in the Puget Sound, WA is really hit-and-miss. What I am trying to decide, is whether or not to bring my WA setup to Maui. I wanted to start with some basic settings and try them in a pool. I will go through the trial-and-error route. However, I am leaning toward macro photography on this trip.

Hit me up if you want to shore dive Maui at all and don't know the reefs well, wife and I usually dive 1-3 times a week, or if you want to know a bit about the dive shops etc for gear rental/boat trips etc. The main shore dives are pretty simple, but there is one or two places that are easy to miss if you don't know where to go!

Hit me up if you want to shore dive Maui at all and don't know the reefs well, wife and I usually dive 1-3 times a week, or if you want to know a bit about the dive shops etc for gear rental/boat trips etc. The main shore dives are pretty simple, but there is one or two places that are easy to miss if you don't know where to go!

Thank you for the invite. I think I have one day covered, but I'd like to try to get 10 dives in :) I will PM you my contact info as the vacation approaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom