Canon 60mm Macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be cool thx

---------- Post added January 14th, 2014 at 11:24 AM ----------

Zeiss could not confirm the Feb 27 release date with me. Could only say available Q1

Zeiss 50mm macro now available for preorder at B and H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, but expected delivery date pushed back to April 28th! Always seems like a couple more months out of reach :) LOL

I thought I might be able to get my hands on one out of HK while there if the Feb. 28th release date held, but the new April 28th release date means it most likely will not be available there either. It appears development for Sony's new FF system has pushed the macro to the back of the line.

Looks like the 18-55 kit lens and Sigma 60 w/ ET will have to do for this trip.

At least it's coming and will hopefully be razor sharp.

Happy diving.

Thx for update. yes they told me that date as well.After I put in preorder!

Mmm maybe will switch to going CFWA for Palau. Okay so back to which dome which lens? 12mm Zeiss?

Last edited:
The 50 Macro looks very exciting. The dimensions are 65mm X 91mm. Sooooo. The 65 mm max diameter will work and the 91mm lenght should also fit with 1 to 5 mm or so clearance, depending on if the mount is included in the #. Could we have actually caught a break here. The official anouncement is saying release in March. Not that that means much. these release dates are about as accurate as political promises.

From my earlier post on the subject:

The Z50 is listed by Zeiss as being "86mm from the bayonet flange to the end of the front ring" as quoted by my Zeiss contact. As to what ports the Z50 will work in? Well we can only assume (until it's actual release) that it's 86mm in length, most evidence is pointing in that direction. That given, the macro port for the Sony 30mmmacro may work with the addition of the 30mm mini-port extension, as the Sony 30 macro is 56mm long (according to Sony Store) + 30mm for the Nauticam mini-port extension = 86mm. This macro port has a 67mm threads to accommodate diopters, so I think it will handle the 65mm width of the Z50. As to Port 72, it's not so lucky, since the Sony18-55 fully extended is 83mm from the same measuring points. Nauticam made this a very precise fit for the kit lens; the glass being only 1mm from the end of the port glass, so there's no fudge factor like I hoped. However, the filter holder on the Z50, which also is the hood mount, is exactly 3mm in depth. So theoretically, one can remove this part of the lens barrel shortening the overall length to 83mm, exactly the same length as the S18-55 so it should work perfectly in Port 72. Of course, cutting off this part of a $1K+ lens isn't for the faint hearted, but for those who still want to use the S18-55 for it's single dive versatility or those who already own the port and it's expensive swing mount (like me), it's an option. Especially for travel conscious photographers who don't want to carry the extra ports or spend the $$.

I just read Phil's announcement that Zen has a new macro system for us NEX users:
http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6912

So there are more macro choices for us NEX shooters, but be prepared to get your wallet out.

I'll post some results of my Sigma 60 w/ 26mm Extension Tube after I arrive in the Philippines next month. That system cost me $215 and fits perfectly in Port 72.

According to the Zeiss tech data sheet ( PDF file) released on their site the length is 91 mm without cap for the Touit 50 macro. The Zeiss 12 mm WA is 86mm. The diameter of the macro is 65, so the diameter will definitely fit the 72 port. It may just come down to a port extension.

The measurement given to me was from the flange to the front of the lens (see below). He also sent an engineering drawing. The distance from the flange to the back of the lens is 5mm. So, as you pointed out earlier, the 91mm is probably the full length of the lens.

If this is the case, the lens most likely will fit as described in my post above. Adding an extension onto Port 72 may work, but that will move the lens front 18mm+ (20mm being the smallest of the extension) away from the wet diopter, which from what I've read is not optically desirable; best to keep the diopter as close to the lens as possible. However, the extension may work better than thought and is a simple solution and doesn't add much to the system in terms of bulk or weight for those of us that still want to use the S18-55 in Port 72 and travel light.
I'd rather remove the shade/filter mount and have it at it's best optical use if that ends up being the case. I only plan to use the lens underwater so the lens hood and filter holder are of no use to me. Removing it might prove to be a bigger challenge though, as I don't think my Sawzall will do the trick :) Probably time to visit the machine shop.

Personally, I'm hoping the Sigma 60 set-up produces good results in SM. It'll save a lot of time and money.

Cheers,

Marshall

"Dear Marshall, Regarding the availability I just can confirm that we will release the Touit 2,8/50 Makro until end of 2013. So with some luck it will match with the schedule of your next journey.
This lens has an internal focusing so the length is constant from close- up to infinity . It is 8,6 centimeters measured from bayonet flange to end of the front ring.
Maximum reproduction scale is 1:1.
With best regards, Andreas Bogenschütz"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom