Canon A710IS, My results are in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is the best place to find a deal on this set-up? I'm thinking about upgrading to digital and want a decent u/w camera for personal use, any other recommendations?

7milehi:
Where is the best place to find a deal on this set-up? I'm thinking about upgrading to digital and want a decent u/w camera for personal use, any other recommendations?

I think my husband bought our entire setup on Amazon.

Yep, definitely check with them...I ordered Monday & got in Wed the Canon A570is(slightly newer model than 710)...free shipping....Ordered a 2 GB Kingston card for it....total cost was $251....Next in line was 6th Street & Butterfly.com & Abe's...Here's a link to the price comparison list I had going till I found the (better) deal with amazon.com....was about $15 less thru Amazon.....There is also a 1GB card you can get (with rebates & a google checkout deal) for $0.97...let me know if you can not find it...............http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Canon_PowerShot_A570_IS_Digital_Camera,__33724725/zip_code=70634/

Pics look good.

I almost bought this camera but decided to wait until next year when the price drops because something new is out. I ended up with the A540 instead. Headed to Coz and PDC in 2 weeks so we see what it can do.

I just got the A570 IS and underwater housing from 17thstreetphoto.com. I also got the upgrade kit which includes 4 nimh rechargeable batteries and a charger, a case, lens cleaner, mini tripod, large tripod, card reader, and a 2 GB card. Total with shipping was $490 for everything. They also have the external strobe for $298 more if you want one. I had the setup in 2 days with UPS ground. The camera is awesome and the case feels solid. Can't wait to use it underwater.

7milehi:
Where are the deals on a housing ?

I ordered my UW Canon housing from Digital Foto for $171, shipping included....hope this helps.....

I just order the combo on Amazon. Canon WP-DC12 Waterproof Case and Canon PowerShot A570IS w/free 2G memory card. Total was $419.12 shipping included.

7milehi:
I just order the combo on Amazon. Canon WP-DC12 Waterproof Case and Canon PowerShot A570IS w/free 2G memory card. Total was $419.12 shipping included.

Very good price...I paid $422 total but went thru Amazon(for camera & card) & Digital foto(for UW case).....good going....I'm hoping this setup beats my S&S MM II for near(4'or less).....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom