Canon G10 - What do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true.
Push the "Shortcut" button and then press the 4 buttons around the control dial "Wheel" to use functions that are available by rotating the 'wheel'.

This link shows it a bit better

Canon g10/WP-DC28 and manual focus
Its took me a while to find specific information on the wheel/manual mode and the OEM Canon Gx housings, so it dont surprise me that much that misconception exists. But like you said, you do get to use all the functions, just that its by a shortcut rather than actually turning the wheel around. I can actually imagine a turning wheel to be harder to operate than the shortcut solution as well once you start running around with gloves..

I just take a picture of my fin on my safety stop after my first dive, this tells me the end of a dive and separates it from the next. I also categorize my photos based on date and location/reef/wreck.
Doesn't the G10 allow you to create additional folders on the same card (e.g. 100CANON, 101CANON, 102CANON, etc.) like their dSLRs? I could not live without that feature, even using 16GB cards. :shakehead:

yes and you can name therm at will

Back
Top Bottom