Canon G15 & S110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we were all hoping for a bigger sensor camera from Canon and it looks like this is not happening
I am not sure what those two models are going to add to the existing range
Canon needs to inject more research, they are now behind for micro 4/3 and missing the boat for large sensor compacts to Sony and Fuji

I also wonder how much of the touchscreen functionality is required to operate the S110. It may be totally useless underwater.

I think we were all hoping for a bigger sensor camera from Canon and it looks like this is not happening
I am not sure what those two models are going to add to the existing range
Canon needs to inject more research, they are now behind for micro 4/3 and missing the boat for large sensor compacts to Sony and Fuji

yes, fuji's XF1 sounds pretty good...

An extra stop of lens use, faster AF, and a smaller non-touch screen body, somehow that sounds pretty good to me, along with better sensitivity and what is I'm sure improved ISO performance, why would you think they weren't listening? The G1X is available as is the EOS-M if you want a bigger sensor for those who want a smaller camera with better specs than the current G series, this sounds good to me.

G1X is poor compared to Olympus and Panasonic 4/3
I think the good news of this announcement is that there will be soon a price drop of the S100 as it happened with the S95 when the S100 was released
The G15 instead for me remains a no go as the G12 unless you only shoot macro
Canon will release housings for both but I am pretty sure nobody other than maybe ikelite will produce an housing for the G15

I think they are very disappointing, only have to look at the oly n sony to see the great step forward they have made all canon has done is played lip service to enable a release of a new camera wrapped up in Nice packaging, not worth it imo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom