Canon G1X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting to note that on the Fisheye Japan Facebook Page, May 3rd, they announced that they were postponing indefinitely attempts to build a housing for the G1x as they found they could not obtain satisfactory images with Fisheye ports. They make a housing FIX 100 and a G12 housing. Not too often this happens.

they could not obtain satisfactory images with Fisheye ports

Unfortunately many have seen this coming, given how much the lens extends on the G1x.

On the plus side, Canon is rumoured to announce its mirrorless entry very soon (June 2012).

(Or you can always look into m4/3 or Sony NEX....)

:D

Please post some I'm considering buying this camera to replace my Sealife.

---------- Post added ----------

I am in the market to buy an advanced PnS. Since I own a Canon 7D ( can't afford the housing I want Aquatica A7D ). And I am reluctant to put my Camera in a Housing. I presently have a Sealife DC1000 which I have outgrown and want something that gives me more control. I looked at the G12 and G1X. I'm up in the air because I want to stay with the Canon, the G12 is a solid work horse that has a good track record. The G1X is new and there isn't mush info about it's underwater abilities. I like the fact it has a big sensor and has all the same if not better features of the G12. Which ever camera I buy will be paired with the DS161 strobe. Is there any other camera I need to checkout besides the G12 or G1X????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom