Canon HD Starter Setup: $600 obo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markrovner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Let me be up front about what's bad about this set-up: you cannot adjust the white balance once the camcorder is in the housing. If you're a serious videographer this is probably a fatal flaw.

On the other hand:

It's a powerful hd camcorder: Canon Vixia HF-20 - 20 gigs internal storage and on-board macro
The Canon Wp-V1 case gets the job done
The Alex Mustard 67mm magic filter restores missing reds and help make colors pop even with a Sola.

No leaks ever, everything works great.

Also comes with: custom ULCS Tray and ball handle. A/C adaptor for camcorder included as well.

This set-up is ready to get wet.

Here's a work in progress -- all footage shot week before last in Grand Cayman with this rig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXF0TmpQRw&feature=plcp

I'm selling because my still camera (7D) is going to also be my video platform.

$600 or best offer -- if you buy for $600 I will pay 3-day shipping within continental US.
The setup was > $1500 new.

Thanks!

Canon video.jpg

Hello,
I am interested in your camera setup. What light did you use with it on your youtube video?

Thank you,
Cory

Let me be up front about what's bad about this set-up: you cannot adjust the white balance once the camcorder is in the housing. If you're a serious videographer this is probably a fatal flaw.

On the other hand:

It's a powerful hd camcorder: Canon Vixia HF-20 - 20 gigs internal storage and on-board macro
The Canon Wp-V1 case gets the job done
The Alex Mustard 67mm magic filter restores missing reds and help make colors pop even with a Sola.

No leaks ever, everything works great.

Also comes with: custom ULCS Tray and ball handle. A/C adaptor for camcorder included as well.

This set-up is ready to get wet.

Here's a work in progress -- all footage shot week before last in Grand Cayman with this rig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXF0TmpQRw&feature=plcp

I'm selling because my still camera (7D) is going to also be my video platform.

$600 or best offer -- if you buy for $600 I will pay 3-day shipping within continental US.
The setup was > $1500 new.

Thanks!

View attachment 134960

Hi Cory,

The light was a Sola 2000, but it was usually at low or medium power.

FYI -- I have dropped the price for this -- $450 without the magic filter and $525 with.

PM me if you want to talk more.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom