Canon Powershot Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerShark

Reaction score
Hi there,

anybody here using the Canon Powershot Series,namely the S30,40,45 and A30,40?

Anybody knows what's the difference between the diff models?

How's the performance?

I'm looking for good pictures on land and underwater........

Really appreciate any advise....

Thanks alot folks!!!

=-)

I own the Canon S40, and have used it for underwater photography. It has been replaced by the S45 which has improved electronics. These are cameras which are easy to use and take wonderful photos in or out of the water. You can see some photos I took at http://www.pbase.com/elif .
Eli :relaxing:

I've put pictures taken by the S40 in marineland thread.

They are nice cameras. Unless the water is really clear, or the subjects close, you'll want some off axis lighting.

Good toys!

Regards,
Peter Doege

tks for your feedback guys.......its great to know you guys had lots of fun with your toys.......

I'm looking for one that takes good pics when i go backpacking and diving......kind of like the S30.....but still looking around......

Cheers!!!

:cheers:

TigerShark once bubbled...
[ I'm looking for one that takes good pics when i go backpacking and diving......kind of like the S30.....but still looking around......

Cheers!!!

:cheers: [/B]

I did a review of the S30 combined with a trip report of a liveaboard. It has a lot of photos. You can find it here:

http://www.scubadiving.com/members/gearreviews.php?s=465

That part is mostly UW and camera review. Follow the link at the bottom of the report to see topside shots including several panoramas. Probably a nice feature for backpacking.

GB

I just got mine a few weeks ago and LOVE IT!! Takes great pics, and is easy to use as well as being fully (?) manual. Haven't tried it underwater yet but I have seen some great pics posted from it.
Make sure you get the 128mb card for it....well worth not having to worry how many more pics you have left.
Randy...

Great Pics and the 128 card is money well spent. I haven't used mine underwater yet. Waiting for Santa to bring me that UW housing! or finding the right price. The UW pics some of the folks here have posted for an A40 look great!

Marla

Hi folks,

armed with the confidence that S30 is gotta be a good cam,i headed down to Lucky Plaza(Singapore) and check it out.

And guess what?Most of the shops are not selling S30 anymore??

I was told Canon has stop producing them.......hmm.......

Well,only a couple of shops selling S30 for ard SGD $780-830.

Housing is SGD $350.

And S45 is going for $899...onli 100 bucks more than S30.

I wonder should i go for the S45 then......my my my........

:bonk:

Back
Top Bottom