Question Getting into Snoots with Canon G7X Mk II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttamasi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I'm currently using a Canon G7X MkII in a Fantasea Housing. I've been using an Inon S-2000 as my main (single) strobe but am looking to enter the world of snoots! As a reader of many of the posts on here for a while (thanks for all of the helpful tips btw!), it seems like the Backscatter MF-2 + snoot is a great combination. My question is if anyone knows how this might play with my current setup? I know TTL doesn't seem like it will work with a Canon, which is okay.

I think my other option would be to use either the reefnet or 10bar snoot for the Inon I already have, but it seems like the MF-2 has the ease of aiming from the 10bar with a lot of other perks (plus having the second strobe as a back-up...).

Any help would be hugely appreciated! Attaching some pictures to give an idea of my level. Can't wait to start snooting!

Attachments

• shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 26
  • seahorse1.jpg
    seahorse1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7018 2.jpg
    IMG_7018 2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg