Canon S100 and Ikelite DS-51 problem. It dont work in housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings, I have a problem with the DS-51 strobe.
I have a canon s100 in ikelite housing and and DS-51 strobe. They are connected with a Deeproof Fiber Optic Cable L Kit for Sea&Sea Strobes. I was told it was going to work with an ikelite adaptar.

It works if i hold the optical cable against the camera flash outside the housing, but when the camera is in the housing it wont work.

Is the problem so simple that the deeproof cable isnt "collecting" enough light when the camera is in the house so I need a new and better cable or is it anything else I can do?

Best regards
Ole

Hi,
Did you try if it works when you increase the flash out-put of your camera ? If yes, the cable might not collect enough light which could be due to the actual orientation of it infront of the housing.

Regards
Alex@nder

Greetings, I have a problem with the DS-51 strobe.
I have a canon s100 in ikelite housing and and DS-51 strobe. They are connected with a Deeproof Fiber Optic Cable L Kit for Sea&Sea Strobes. I was told it was going to work with an ikelite adaptar.

It works if i hold the optical cable against the camera flash outside the housing, but when the camera is in the housing it wont work.

Is the problem so simple that the deeproof cable isnt "collecting" enough light when the camera is in the house so I need a new and better cable or is it anything else I can do?

Best regards
Ole

hi,

Sorry for missing your blog. There is an Inon brush set I recently bought for my Ikelite Canon housing. Since then now issues to fire two strobes with optical cable different manufactures, e.g Inon or deeproof.

Kind regards
Alexander

Did you get your issue resolved. I have the same equipment (Canon S100, Ikelite housing, Ikelite DS-51) and need to configure it. Curious if you got that fiber optic cable working with your setup.

For me it works perfectly, shot more than 2000 pictures without malfunction. There is a little mirror attached to the lensring which reflects the light directly orthogonal into the light cable. Inon W57 bush set for Canon Ikelite housing S110.

Kind regards
Alexander

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom