Canon S200- Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about the housing for the Canon S200 (housing model # = WP-DC600).
I already own the camera and can get the housing for about $175. That seems pretty reasonable to be able to use your digital cam underwater.

Just curious to know if anyone has any thoughts or anything to share regarding this housing.

Cheers!:D

I think several here have that housing and are pretty hapy with it. Maybe they'll chime in soon.

I have the canon powershot s-10 and I would love a housing for it. I think the 200 is similar, small lots of features and I love it above water. How deep is the 200 housing rated ?

I have the canon powershot s-10 and I would love a housing for it.
I didn't see anything on the canon page for the S-10 :(

This link below shows quite a few of the models including the S30 and S40...You may want to contact Canon to see if the S10 is compatible with any of the housings (maybe the WP-DC300?)

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/uwphoto/page/16-e.html

How deep is the 200 housing rated ?
The S200 is the actual camera so its not rated :wink: but the WP-DC600 (which is the actuall housing) is rated for 100 ft.
Which should be perfect for rec. diving.

Hope that helps:)

You could try www.digideep.com They have several makes of housings and the cameras that coinside with them. I don't have that housing, however I know that several people here do. Hope this helps.

P.S. you may also try Allen at www.underwaterdigital.net I'm not sure if he sells them or not but he's a member of this board.

I just purchased the S230 and WP-DC600 and will be using it for the first time this weekend in Freeport, Bahamas. The case offers control of every button and function of the camera. The camera fits snugly in the case with very little air space (or water space if you have a leak) around the camera. The case has a single o-ring seal similar to the MX-5 camera. For under $160 it seems like a decent buy to me but I'm not an experienced underwater photographer.

Here's a link to the vendor I purchased from:
PC Universe

I'll let you know how it works out for me when I get back.

-jeff

Jeff-
Thanks for the link....I would really appreciate it if you would
drop me an email when you get back and let me know how the camera worked out!

Have a great vacation!!

Tim

Back
Top Bottom