Canon S80: anyone using Lexar Platinum 2 Gb card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
Ocr, what CompuDude is saying, is that the fastest your camera will write to the card is just under 6MB/s. The Sandisk Extreme II is faster than that. It doesn't matter how fast a card you have as long as it can read faster than 6MB/s. The reason they make faster cards is for cameras with faster write speeds. The Corsair cannot be faster than the other two cards you mentioned when in your camera. The write speed to them is limited by your camera.
Amen to that...Dslrs write faster than a prosumer/compact digicams. Right?:wink:

True Caloy but I think some of the new P&S models write pretty fast too. It depends if it is the latest model, I'm sure some of the new P&S models are faster than some older DSLRs. Technology is amazing, ain't it?

For $40.00 how can i go wrong with a 2GB 150X SD card?

checking canon specs

That is also a good point to illustrate that the memory card folks have to have cards that read as fast as the top of the line cameras can write, even though they will work at the slower speed of other cameras Caloy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom