Canon S90/DC-35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitepointer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
just received my DC-35 in the mail today and am excited to get in underwater but a little apprehensive too. Previously i was using a Canon Powershot 1200 and simply using the underwater setting but with this camera i need to learn how to use it without the underwater setting, so if anyone wants to throw some pointers at me to help me get started, it would be greatly appreciated. Photos hopefully to follow this weekend. Have a great day and thanks for reading this.

Try doing a search or poking around the last few pages of threads. You will definitely turn up tons of good info.

well i did do a search and yes i found a wealth of information on the S90, and am still reading over some of it too!!! Anyway i went a little excursion last night to a place called The Channel Crevasses and i took one shot, sorry but all the sea animals were not playing last night. I had read a post from Lars N (thanks my friend) and put my settings on what he suggested.
Mode: Av
White balance: Auto
Light Meetering: Center Weighted Avg
ISO: 80
Flash: On
AF assist beam: off
Red eye correction / red eyelamp: off
AF frame: Center
Servo AF: off
AF-point zoom: off
File Name IMG_0045.JPG
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot S90
Shooting Date/Time 4/25/2011 7:42:05 PM
Shooting Mode Shutter Speed Priority AE
My Colors Mode Vivid
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1.3
Av (Aperture Value) 4.0
Light Metering Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 80
Lens 6.0 - 22.5 mm
Focal Length 6.0 mm
Digital Zoom None
IS Mode Off
Image Size 3648x2736
Image Quality Fine
Flash On
Flash Type Built-In Flash
Flash Exposure Compensation -1
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain
Red-eye Off
White Balance Auto
White balance compensation B9, 0
AF Mode Single AF
Parameters Contrast Normal
Sharpness Normal
Saturation Normal
Color Space sRGB
File Size 2713 KB
Drive Mode Single-frame shooting

let me know what you think..
thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 76
After you get comfortable with your settings, I would suggest using custom white balance.

I would highly highly highly recommend shooting RAW and using Light Room, Aperature, etc. for white balance adjustment. If you're trying to get serious with your photos you'll want a good editing software.

Back
Top Bottom