Canon s90/S95 W/Ikelite or Canon housing!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrews5508

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
For all you Canon s90/95 owners who pair your camera with either the Canon or Ikelite housing and can't use the rear wheel, what do you find is the best function to use the shortcut button for?

Manual WB

White balance is NOT a good use in my opinion. Get a large memory card and shoot raw so you don't have to think about it. That way you can always adjust later without any data loss, otherwise you only get one chance (per shot) to choose the right white balance if you shoot jpeg. Seems like extra work when you could be scouting for another shot or maybe missing a shot you could have otherwise taken.

Maybe use it for flash exposure compensation, so when you need to get a DS-TTL strobe* or two to go brighter for a wide angle, then turn it back down to normal settings for macro.

(FEC set to minimum, strobe turned to full does not get to 1/1 on my strobe even with the setting on the strobe maxed, it will meter properly lower no problem. To get full brightness I have to go back to 0 on the FEC so the camera can fire full and the strobe will respond in kind)

I have to agree with tarjan, I dont use manual white balance on mine. Im using the S95 with the Ikelite house and love it.
Shoot in RAW and then edit them after, this was taken with RAW in very green water and edited after - theres a big difference with a bit of editing:

Sample.jpg

That was my first time with the camera and housing so its not perfect

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom